• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hobart Australia

Voigtstr

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe maybe? https://uberpeople.net/threads/adding-a-city-to-the-world-forums.54770/ says "If you would like a city to be added to the forum, you must have a minimum of three active users in that market. Post a new thread in this forum ('World') with the name of your city as the title. Once you have three forum members in that thread, and in that city, a sub-forum will be created." It might have to be people who have flagged themselves with the location of Hobart.

Who is John Galt?

Author
I believe maybe? https://uberpeople.net/threads/adding-a-city-to-the-world-forums.54770/ says "If you would like a city to be added to the forum, you must have a minimum of three active users in that market. Post a new thread in this forum ('World') with the name of your city as the title. Once you have three forum members in that thread, and in that city, a sub-forum will be created." It might have to be people who have flagged themselves with the location of Hobart.
Mmmm....OK, I'm afraid that sort of counts me out. I could pretend that I'm from Tassie (not that I would ever make up a story) but something tells me it may not wash. What about contacting Will Hodgman, I understand he Übers in the small hours of each morning trying to get badgers that he can flaunt during parliamentary sessions.

Also, now that Jacqui Lamblast has been found to have foreign blood in her veins (for her sake, I hope it wasn't Melbourne blood) and is now looking for work as an Über driver, perhaps you might sign her up to the cause.

Voigtstr

Try again. Start up a Hobart thread. Just hit 200 :smiles::smiles::smiles::smiles::smiles:!
I think this will work fine as the Hobart thread as far as getting a new one created (if I'm understanding the pinned post correctly at the top of the World forums). I'm not sure if a Hobart thread in Australia would count?

Was that 200 5 Star ratings? Congrats! Once I start driving if I'm not getting many 5 stars I'll have to get a list of tips off you although there are other threads on these forums about things such as keeping yourself and vehicle clean and tidy, not having personal items (like kids car seats??) in the car.

How many Uber drivers would be in Hobart do you think? I opened up the rider app the other night around midnight and there was no one in Claremont (or apparently further out) available to drive.

How often are there "Surges" in Hobart or the Airport or other places around here?

Last edited:

AvengingxxAngel

8 Uber Drivers in the city at 7 pm ish . Join the forms fellas!
There's always 8 cars on the passenger app at any time. Doesn't mean there's actually 8 people Ubering.
Good luck with getting your sub forum!!!

Reading over your comments you must be new to Uber driving, you sound super enthusiastic, that's what I was like when I first started, it wears off once you start seeing the reality of it all after driving for a few months, I wish you well.

Voigtstr

So Hobart drivers, when you started off did you make any changes to your car? Internal video camera? Floor mats? Seat covers? Anything to make your passenger’s rides more pleasant or comfortable or safer?

Tasweb

Has anyone gone through the onboarding process recently in Hobart? All of my documents were uploaded a week ago but none of the Uber ones have progressed and I've had zero contact from Uber to indicate that they even know about me. I can't contact Uber via the App as I'm not onboarded yet, they don't publish an email address or phone number and there is no Uber office in Tasmania. It's a bit frustrating!

Voigtstr

Has anyone gone through the onboarding process recently in Hobart? All of my documents were uploaded a week ago but none of the Uber ones have progressed and I've had zero contact from Uber to indicate that they even know about me. I can't contact Uber via the App as I'm not onboarded yet, they don't publish an email address or phone number and there is no Uber office in Tasmania. It's a bit frustrating!
I'm in the same boat. We sit and wait till they do their bit. It may be weeks.

Who is John Galt?

Author

Good innit? This is your future 'partner'. :eek:
Start repeating to yourself......."we take your concerns, very seriously....."

Check Grand 's post here
1300 091 272

Tasweb

Good innit? This is your future 'partner'. :eek:
Start repeating to yourself......."we take your concerns, very seriously....."

Check Grand 's post here
1300 091 272

Thanks heaps John! My application had gone no where for the past week, After calling them I've now completed the Uber form for a Police check and Ancillary license and have a vehicle inspection booked. I suggest you do the same Voigstr if you haven't received the all important email with the links.

Voigtstr

Thanks heaps John! My application had gone no where for the past week, After calling them I've now completed the Uber form for a Police check and Ancillary license and have a vehicle inspection booked. I suggest you do the same Voigstr if you haven't received the all important email with the links.
Thanks for that! I contacted them via the Uber website. They advised I needed a vehicle inspection and provided a link to that, and they provided a link to a form to fill out regarding police checks. The "Uber to provide" on vehicle inspection on the manage forms part of their website is a bit misleading isn't it!