Hitchhiker forced crash, beat driver unconscious after getting kicked out of uber.

SEAL Team 5

I fixed the title. This was a drunk pax that was kicked from an uber, couldn't get his second uber, hitchhiked and beat the non-uber driver unconscious. It could have easily been the second uber driver.
I don't know about you, but I don't drive weekends at 3:55am in this country's 5th largest city picking up hitchhikers that appear to be very inebriated. Either very stupid driver or there was some sexual contact going on.

Hey now

I don't know about you, but I don't drive weekends at 3:55am in this country's 5th largest city picking up hitchhikers that appear to be very inebriated. Either very stupid driver or there was some sexual contact going on.
Chanel 12 reported that the assaliant said the driver started touching him in a sexual way.

backstreets-trans

So lets get this straight. An uber rider causes a crash on the freeway and practically beats a guy to death. A sexual predator picks up a guy and starts to touch him inappropriately before getting beat up. This is a prime example of all that is wrong with ubers business model of people getting into cars with strangers. Taxi's have been regulated for good reason. It's a good thing that uber has already paid off our elected officials in AZ or this could cause them PR problems.

When I heard the story on the news I knew it had to be uber related and no surprise it is.

SEAL Team 5

So lets get this straight. An uber rider causes a crash on the freeway and practically beats a guy to death. A sexual predator picks up a guy and starts to touch him inappropriately before getting beat up. This is a prime example of all that is wrong with ubers business model of people getting into cars with strangers. Taxi's have been regulated for good reason. It's a good thing that uber has already paid off our elected officials in AZ or this could cause them PR problems.

When I heard the story on the news I knew it had to be uber related and no surprise it is.
Watch the family of the assaulted victim file suit against Uber and the Uber driver that kicked out the drunk assailant. They'll file a suit for endangering the public or something. Don't forget when you drive for Uber you have a big sign on your car that says "please sue me, I'm worth $60 billion". There's that lawsuit in CA against Uber and the Uber driver where that drunk pax was dropped off and broke into a neighbors house only to get shot and killed. The risk of being an Uber driver is definitely not worth the chump change you make driving for Uber.

Scissorz

Ain't nothing "straight" about this whole story
Raging case of homophobia. All that guy had to do was say something IF (and that's a big IF) that's what really happened and it would have been the end of it. A simple "no thanks" has worked for me for years.

Secondly, drunk pax needs to not expect to be able to carry open container in a car. Just pour it out and get in.

TakinItUpWithUber

Raging case of homophobia. A simple "no thanks" has worked for me for years
Was a young man attending ASU and had a part-time gig with Super Shuttle. This was 1990 so before cellphones and such. One nite departed the airport 6 & 3 Ironwood & Broadway (6 pax, 3 trips last stop Ironwood & Brdwy). Completed the first 2 stops (both in Tempe). A single male was the only pax remaining. It was just him and I all the way to Ironwood. He was probably in his 40's. Don't really remember the conversation much. But he did share that he had just gotten divorced and was feeling lonely. It happened pretty quick but next thing I knew his hand was caressing my bare leg. At first I just allowed it feeling sorry for him. But then quickly realized how inappropriate it was and that it wasn't my thing. I said "no thank you, sorry" at that was it.
I believe most driver/pax situations & altercations can be handled/diffused if it's done respectfully and politely and with some understanding.