$hit happens, be Safe!

Mizan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
From the news "Local police are hunting the men, who last night went on a rampage in the suburb of Underwood."

I think Uber got the details of the pax, why local police are hunting? they can have the details from Uber? Or Uber is not legal in QLD yet?

JohnnyDee

From the news "Local police are hunting the men, who last night went on a rampage in the suburb of Underwood."

I think Uber got the details of the pax, why local police are hunting? they can have the details from Uber? Or Uber is not legal in QLD yet?
The passenger (to be) that made the booking was not the one that was to car jack the vehicle and driver.

NickyBoy

& uber will throw their hands up claiming it has nothing to do with us, we're just an app... & do nothing to help the driver.. probably give the rider free credits though...

OHUBER

passenger can use fake id, and even if they have the correct name, police still have hunt for him if he's on the run, i think.

dms

Should you keep you car doors locked at all times until you are sure that the person is the paz?

Azzure

Maybe in the evenings that's a good idea. I work the morning peaks and have generally found it to be ok. Generally as you're approaching the destination either they are still in their house/office or are outside with their mobile in hand comparing the number plate on the phone app to every car going past or within their eye sight :smiles: