Hit by duck boat

john1975

Well, a duck boat tried to change lanes and hit me. Luckily I have a dash cam. Few thousand in damage to my car though. F-ing nightmare.
Well the most important thing is that you're ok. Cars can get fixed. I don't understand how they can drive and narrate at the same time but it's not distracted driving. Did you have pax in car?

E30addixt

Well the most important thing is that you're ok. Cars can get fixed. I don't understand how they can drive and narrate at the same time but it's not distracted driving. Did you have pax in car?

They don't anymore on the Duck boats. That was part of the changes they made after the last fatal.

Those Trolley tours though. F them. Headset wearing drivers dawdling down the street while point out the sites. Pretty dangerous overall.

E30addixt

Well, a duck boat tried to change lanes and hit me. Luckily I have a dash cam. Few thousand in damage to my car though. F-ing nightmare.

I can only imagine the shit show that scene must have been. Pretty easy for one of those boats to @@@@ up a car bad when they collide.

divo183

Damn! That sucks!
Hopefully you don't have an issue with the insurance even though it "wasn't" your fault! Good luck man.

Dutchie

Where is dutchie? All kidding aside if there is anything I can do to help let me know. If you need to get your car towed I have a mechanic I use in Allston.
ROTA Is taking over that role for me :wink:

Sorry that happened to you :frown:

Hugh J

THAT REALLY SUCKS! Thank yourself for buying that dashcam.

Do not let your insurance company's appraiser under value your car if its a total, which it will most likely be.

Hopefully you have some money saved up until you get your new ride.

Will you post the video?

ROTA

ROTA Is taking over that role for me :wink:

Sorry that happened to you :frown:
im driving around until 3am give me a shout if need a hand, not only him, i hope he can find a way to make some during this prob.. i know he do full time he is a nice guy

Goodellsux

Don't tell uber unless you need to go through their insurance
If you had no pax in car, definitely do not tell Uber. Go direct to the duck boats insurance co, make me gem pay total bill for damage plus cost of a entail car for you.

Tysmith95

The accident wasn't too bad. It occurred at around the 18 or 19 sec mark when the car lurches.

Guess I got punished for trying to let the Audi in.

A decent chunk of damage but it was slow so not too bad.

@@@@@ was trying to blame me. I wasn't the one changing lanes.

Might invest in a rear cam after this.

Last edited:

Tysmith95

I know. With the lane markings the people coming from Storrow have the right two lanes, and the people coming from Beacon have the leftmost lane. From beacon there is one lane and from Storrow there is two.

I mean if the duck boat driver couldn't see me that's an unsafe vehicle lol.

john1975

The accident wasn't too bad. It occurred at around the 18 or 19 sec mark when the car lurches.

Guess I got punished for trying to let the Audi in.

A decent chunk of damage but it was slow so not too bad.

***** was trying to blame me. I wasn't the one changing lanes.

Might invest in a rear cam after this.
Absolutely their fault. I'm guessing you didn't have a pax. Well go through their insurance anyway. Hopefully it shouldn't keep you off the road long. Looks like you were still able to drive it.