• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hiring Practices

Greybull

Does Uber have any ethics or morals at all or do they just hire anyone? The reason i say this is i ran into driver the other day and he told me he does not have a Class 4 I never said anything other than i think you need one. I have a class one as i drove my own semi to states for years,but to hire folks that are not properly qualified i dont get it. Is it possible not to get hired by Uber unless your criminal check fails? Someone tell me if they have actually met anyone that Uber said no to?

djino

If a driver passes the background and safety checks and holds all required valid docs, then the driver is welcome onboard.

There isn't any other vetting process that determines if a driver is a good fit.

Djino

BillBallCanada

Although it may be a requirement specifically made by the local municipality (certainly different from city to city) you definitely need a class 4 license to drive with Uber in Edmonton.

Billyboi

Although it may be a requirement specifically made by the local municipality (certainly different from city to city) you definitely need a class 4 license to drive with Uber in Edmonton.
A class 4 licence is a requirement of the Province of Alberta. Just like the commercial plate also.

sushi

hey friend , how to register to become an uber driver , kindly suggest , I tried to register but I failed >>???

soul4u

am active uber driver , i been driving fultime for almost 2 years , i didnt get my back ground check on times was blocked very next day i went filled out and gave all information its been 7 days still have blocked i called uber support they dont know anything why is taking long times cuz every time i call uber suport they go to call center overseas am not happy why is so long , i checled with local place where they do background check they told me they sent out to uber almost 6 days a go, i have 4.96 ratting uber dont care about me or what?

soul4u

also i did my background check at local place where they do background check they did it in 20 minutes i paid $70 for it i didnt do it for uber but i needed for some other employment but it seems like uber is not being fare here , when i first signed for it they did it in 3days i was already driving on 3 day , they use to call and give out headsup on its going busy and want you to come drive etc.. Now they got so many drivers and dont care about dedicated drive with good ratting

Last edited: