Higher gas prices are good for business!

MiltonalpharettA

Don't go online until you see red! It's worked so far for me today. Come on stay offline until you see red!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170904-193342.png
    Screenshot_20170904-193342.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 98

PTCGUY

You are correct! Surges allow you to work smart not hard. I can make just as much in a short period of time as someone who was worked all day. For example, after the Bama and FLA State game, I made $63 in an hour.
It is all relative. Who is to say that same person who worked during the day and lets say made $250 didnt make the same $63 you did as well after the game?

wwud

It is all relative. Who is to say that same person who worked during the day and lets say made $250 didnt make the same $63 you did as well after the game?
They may have made the same money, but I'm saying work smart not hard. You can work less hours, spend less gas/wear tear, and make decent money if you can pin point the busy times and areas to work.

PTCGUY

They may have made the same money, but I'm saying work smart not hard. You can work less hours, spend less gas/wear tear, and make decent money if you can pin point the busy times and areas to work.
This weekend was a trifecta with DragonCon, Bama/FSU and the Black Expo all over a holiday weekend. It was the perfect storm like it is every year on Labor Day weekend. It was red and busy all weekend all over.

BTW - I meant they made the same $63 you did at the same time you did in the same amount of time you did. They also made it a point to cash in on the surges during the day as well. Sorry for not making that clear in my original comment.

Last edited:

MiltonalpharettA

This is easy to say on a weekend when the city and burbs were lit up red. Not so much good advice during your average week.
If you stay offline during the week you will see how red it gets. Create a need
This is easy to say on a weekend when the city and burbs were lit up red. Not so much good advice during your average week.
We have to refuse to work a.75 a mile because of the spike in gas prices. We must let Uber and PAX know we have to be compensated properly. Staying offline during the week is the perfect strategy and we will see red.

Last edited:

cc1727

If you stay offline during the week you will see how red it gets. Create a ne

We have to refuse to work a.75 a mile because of the spike in gas prices. We must let Uber and PAX know we have to be compensated properly. Staying offline during the week is the perfect strategy and we will see red.
If only every driver could read this post and agree. But uber would just hire 5000 more drivers instantly... every CL posting costs around $40 I believe and uber seems to post 1000000000 ads per day. They might spend more advertising than they pay drivers in mileage.

Dinoberra

You can maximize earnings with surge, but you have to be working. The difference between the guy that makes 2-400 a day is that they start early and they map out their strategy to include different surges and longer trips.

MiltonalpharettA

You can maximize earnings with surge, but you have to be working. The difference between the guy that makes 2-400 a day is that they start early and they map out their strategy to include different surges and longer trips.
I want us to be compensated for the spike in gas which no one knows when prices are coming down. Hurricane Irma will make them go higher. We need to let uber know we need a rate increase because of rising gas prices. Go offline until you see red or Uber changes the rate to at least 1.00 a mile. It should be 1.25.

pjrxj

I want us to be compensated for the spike in gas which no one knows when prices are coming down. Hurricane Irma will make them go higher. We need to let uber know we need a rate increase because if rising gas prices. Go offline until you see red or Uber changes the rate to at least 1.00 a mile. It should be 1.25.
Ideal sounds good but there are too many current drivers and too many drivers in the wings for it to work.

Dinoberra

I want us to be compensated for the spike in gas which no one knows when prices are coming down. Hurricane Irma will make them go higher. We need to let uber know we need a rate increase because if rising gas prices. Go offline until you see red or Uber changes the rate to at least 1.00 a mile. It should be 1.25.
Believe me, I understand, but it only works at certain times, and in certain days.

MiltonalpharettA

If any of you have twitter please tweet your concern of gas prices to Bozeman Saint John or any big wig associated with uber or lyft.