Inshur

high surge but no pings ?

ill be bach

Hi everyone!, a newbie here with a question for Uber drivers

Have any of you been experiencing no pings in a high surge zone last weekend in central London ?
Edit: Ok, i should have added that this has happened in the space of about an hour.
I've also noticed on the rider app that my vehicle was disappearing off the map randomly, despite the fact that the driver app is showing me ONLINE, surely this isn't normal.
If any of you guys have a spare phone with the rider app installed, check to see if this happens to you too, it could explain if pings stop coming in when the driver app is showing that its very busy.
BTW, i'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which i've never had any problems with until now.

Last edited:

HelloMate

Hi everyone!, a newbie here with a question for Uber drivers

Have any of you been experiencing no pings in a high surge zone last weekend in central London ?
It's not enough to be inside the surge, You need to know where inside the surge You need to be... Only time and experience will tell You where and when :wink:

HelloMate

You obviously don't drive for Uber.
Even on a surge Ubers prices are competitive compared to black cans
Only You drive for uber, it's a pitty that You're also the one that doesn't know how to catch the surge :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Anyway high chance your messages are coming from those long queues along king's cross or Paddington??
In which one are You??

Cabbie2B

You obviously don't drive for Uber.
Even on a surge Ubers prices are competitive compared to black cans
Well, first warm welcome to this forum.

I really hope that you will get right answers to ur questions and sincerely hope that u'll accept them as guidance to make your life easier in our trade.

Ppl here will not take u seriously as u shown some attitude so far.

On the other hand your expirience just proved what I've told you.
Look, 3 yrs ago ppl had no clue what surge is and they have been ripped off.
I took a lady from Southwark brdg to Fleet St on surge (can't remember how high) and journey came to £90!!!!

What you will expirience in night hours when is surge, is that pax would cancel surge booking right after notification that surge is gone and will ping you again even thou ur en route.

And no 1 is talking about prices!!!!

yourgrace

How good it is to know there are some newbies that are more newbie than I am :p:p:p

After month of driving I know one thing on surge: never chase it! It's pointless.

Makemoneyfornow

I really hope that you will get right answers to ur questions and sincerely hope that u'll accept them as guidance to make your life easier in our trade.

I took a lady from Southwark brdg to Fleet St on surge (can't remember how high) and journey came to £90!!!!

What you will expirience in night hours when is surge, is that pax would cancel surge booking right after notification that surge is gone and will ping you again even thou ur en route.

Did you see a ambulance arrive after u dropped her.

I would probably have a heart attack if I got charged that much lol.

ill be bach

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome lol, but when you say "Ppl here will not take u seriously as u shown some attitude so far" I'm sure that you're referring to the many anonymous black can drivers that this site is plagued with.
I may be new to this site, but that doesn't mean i'm totally unaware of these bitter losers.
I'm also not new to Uber either, i've been driving with Uber for long enough to know that there is a problem when i'm not receiving any pings in the space of an hour within the surge zone in central London.

"Look, 3 yrs ago ppl had no clue what surge is and they have been ripped off.
I took a lady from Southwark brdg to Fleet St on surge (can't remember how high) and journey came to £90!!!!"

How exactly are people being ripped off when the surge rate is clearly displayed prior to hitting request icon ?, the rider has a choice whether or not to accept that rate.
And you state "And no 1 is talking about prices!!!!" make your mind up!

I question the authenticity of your claim, what car were you driving ?, was it NYE ?, in order for this to happen, the rate must have been above 4 x and the rider must have totally ignored the displayed rate and requested anyway and you obviously knew the surge rate at the time you accepted the request, so what stopped you from ending the trip halfway and driving the rider the rest of the way for free ? (if you really cared), unless you didn't realise that you were in a surge zone and had accepted a trip at 4 x the rate, which i find difficult to believe!

"What you will expirience in night hours when is surge, is that pax would cancel surge booking right after notification that surge is gone and will ping you again even thou ur en route"

Really ? lol, firstly "experience" is not spelled that way!, either you're very new to Uber or you've never driven for Uber
Any driver knows that once a request has been cancelled that trip is abandoned, the driver does NOT continue to drive to the rider as their location and details disappear off the app!

real taxi bod

Thanks for the welcome lol, but when you say "Ppl here will not take u seriously as u shown some attitude so far" I'm sure that you're referring to the many anonymous black can drivers that this site is plagued with.
I may be new to this site, but that doesn't mean i'm totally unaware of these bitter losers.
I'm also not new to Uber either, i've been driving with Uber for long enough to know that there is a problem when i'm not receiving any pings in the space of an hour within the surge zone in central London.

I took a lady from Southwark brdg to Fleet St on surge (can't remember how high) and journey came to £90!!!!"

How exactly are people being ripped off when the surge rate is clearly displayed prior to hitting request icon ?, the rider has a choice whether or not to accept that rate.

I question the authenticity of your claim, what car were you driving ?, was it NYE ?, in order for this to happen, the rate must have been above 4 x and the rider must have totally ignored the displayed rate and requested anyway and you obviously knew the surge rate at the time you accepted the request, so what stopped you from ending the trip halfway and driving the rider the rest of the way for free ? (if you really cared), unless you didn't realise that you were in a surge zone and had accepted a trip at 4 x the rate, which i find difficult to believe!

"What you will expirience in night hours when is surge, is that pax would cancel surge booking right after notification that surge is gone and will ping you again even thou ur en route"

Really ? lol, firstly "experience" is not spelled that way!, either you're very new to Uber or you've never driven for Uber
Any driver knows that once a request has been cancelled that trip is abandoned, the driver does NOT continue to drive to the rider as their location and details disappear off the app!
Wow!! What a smug prick.

Ubend R.S.

Well it sounds ike like you have it all sussed.

Except for earning money that is.

Ubend R.S.

Trying to sober up and head in. Lovely roast dinner with the old woman earlier. And the obligatory snooze on the settee

It's looking doubtful.