• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

High Level Of Customer Service/Low Level Pay

Beepbeep41

Why is it so?

People demand this high level of customer service from us Uber driver! The pay is half for driver from 4yrs ago! When only Taxi you could spit on shoes, cuss & abuse for twice the earnings. Now we polish shoes for these cheap skates!

So wrong, so draining!

It’s almost like i a party extra, here comes the Uber driver to start or end the night. Make us feel so good while we pay you jack Mr Uber driver...

These weekend riders are the worse, making me part of their good time. I’m mentally drained...

Hugh G

Does this mean that even "With all my saving techniques and taxation knowledge" you will now have to work thirty years driving for UBER, based on the many false, questionable, outlandish financial statements you have submitted previously ??

I also presume that much-hyped early retirement that UBER was helping you with is now on hold .....

Beepfuel6.png

There are thousands of hungry ants now fighting over a slice of the pie - they weren't there last month, last year...
REF: https://www.9news.com.au/2018/10/19/04/02/uber-melbourne-cab-driver-law-suit-harbour-litigation-funding-black-saturday?fbclid=IwAR0W64KmSeL3mlrm-osvj27NKEuVTgwYIpPSPBeIU1TGU90tzdA9oqy3kHU

Following Uber legislation in Victoria - 2016
  • The total amount of cabs in service nearly double from 5600 to 10,500. UP 87%
  • The number of registered private hire cars operating under services like Uber also skyrocketed from 2800 in 2016 to 35,000, up 1250 %
Comparative figures would be in ALL states

In a statement to 9NEWS, Uber said they are "continuing to focus on a good experience for drivers...using the Uber app as a flexible earning opportunity".

2016VS2018.png

In my opinion, those attempting to survive on UBER driving full time may need to urgently think about getting a REAL job.

UBER states "using the Uber app as a flexible earning opportunity" - not a full time job. It's probably the only thing I concur with UBER about !

Beepbeep41 you need to take of those Rose Coloured Glasses and actually get a good hard look at the long-term sustainability of driving UBER full time.

And in order "to increase our partne'rs earnings" UBER may spring UBER POOL and "UPFRONT FARES" on QLD drivers at any time. Check how well that's gone down in other states. Probably a matter of "WHEN", not a matter of "IF" ...

Last edited:

tigermanmantiger5

Why is it so?

People demand this high level of customer service from us Uber driver! The pay is half for driver from 4yrs ago! When only Taxi you could spit on shoes, cuss & abuse for twice the earnings. Now we polish shoes for these cheap skates!

So wrong, so draining!

It’s almost like i a party extra, here comes the Uber driver to start or end the night. Make us feel so good while we pay you jack Mr Uber driver...

These weekend riders are the worse, making me part of their good time. I’m mentally drained...
The forum liar giving advice again. Don't listen folks he is planted on here to provide lies and untruths. He will never back up anything. A basic name dropping headline seeker. Zero cred and nil substance.
With earnings so good is it possible to upgrade vehicle from earnings? No.
How do you upgrade a vehicle on this sham gig?
-Dig into savings?
-or maybe go for a loan?
-or get as rental?
-borrow mums car?
Besides stealing a car is there any other way?
The beep will enlighten the forum members with hard facts. HAHAHAH

Hugh G

Upfront Fares are already here.
In Brisbane ?

I must of missed that announcement, or UBER Driver Announcement Page hasn't been updated - got a screenshot of a recent example ?

UBER Driver Announcement Page does not reflect that statement - SEE: https://www.uber.com/en-AU/blog/upfront-fares-anz/

When introduced in March UBER had excluded Queensland and Tasmanian cities and Canberra.

Exact pricing can lead to more trips
Riders have more confidence when requesting trips with upfront fares.

Data from other cities that have introduced upfront fares suggests that upfront fares result in more overall trip requests and more business for driver-partners.

We’re expecting to see the same effect in:
  • Auckland,
  • Ballarat,
  • Bendigo,
  • Geelong,
  • Melbourne,
  • Mornington Peninsula,
  • Newcastle,
  • Sydney,
  • Wollongong,
  • Perth
  • Adelaide.

JosephC

Hm maybe you're right. I thought that was what caused the overall rate on my fares to drop about a month ago in comparison to km/time spent driving.

If that wasn't it then I wonder what actually caused it.

Hugh G

Hm maybe you're right. I thought that was what caused the overall rate on my fares to drop about a month ago in comparison to km/time spent driving.

If that wasn't it then I wonder what actually caused it.
If you are a new driver you may have just finished what is (allegedly) known as the honeymoon period.

Some drivers believe there is a honeymoon period where new drivers are given priority for rides so Uber can claw back their upfront costs - this makes sense to me and also if a new driver is refered by a friend Uber need to get back that referal fee they paid, solution is give the new driver lots of rides so they feel good and think it's like this all the time.

Uber has got to get back about $130+ odd dollars from your services.

As the rides for the newbies taper off then the newbies think "I must keep working to get back my set-up cost"

At some stage the first BAS statement is due - after 3 months you say "not bad" - but did you take into account the fact that when you converted your car to "RideBooking" it is now tainted and it's value has dropped ? If/when you go to trade it in you sign a legal document that it was RIDESHARE, or wasn't RIDESHARE. The dealer will can check the history of the vehicle, and astute buyers can also.

see: https://uberpeople.net/threads/when-you-first-started-driving.289088/#post-4387672

https://uberpeople.net/threads/closest-car-not-in-recent-experience.261003/#post-3952073

https://uberpeople.net/threads/so-many-drivers-now.238488/#post-3600441

Golfer

That sounds about right.
Yeh JC as Hugh G says above , there are many hidden pitfalls , uber dose not want you to know , when you sign up,
One is your car is now an " ex Taxi" .
Go on Rego Check , key in your number plate , and you will find
Purpose of Use
Booked Hire
It stays with your car , for its life , associated with the VIN no.

One other catch , I found for all retirees ,
Is you lose all all pensioner discounts , on Rego & insurance :frown:
But get them back if you quit rideshare .
Welcome to the forum JosephC

AvengingxxAngel

Why is it so?

So wrong, so draining!

Here we go again, lol...did you get a 1* beep?

On another note, people who rate low are the ones who judge people for everything I'd imagine.
I've been using Uber quite a bit lately and have no idea why people rate low.
The fares are so dam good I certainly can't complain, but there was this one guy...the car was dirty as anything, and his appearance was...I don't even know how to say it without being mean so I won't, but he was a nice guy. I still gave him a 5* cause I felt sorry for him. I think his rating was 4.8.
But to rate someone low just because you as a passenger are having a bad day, or the driver wouldn't drop you at a taxi zone or bus stop maybe a passenger was asked not to bring food or drinks in the car, or the Uber driver missed a turn off or 100 other silly reasons, is pretty unfair.

Beepbeep41

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here we go again, lol...did you get a 1* beep?

On another note, people who rate low are the ones who judge people for everything I'd imagine.
I've been using Uber quite a bit lately and have no idea why people rate low.
The fares are so dam good I certainly can't complain, but there was this one guy...the car was dirty as anything, and his appearance was...I don't even know how to say it without being mean so I won't, but he was a nice guy. I still gave him a 5* cause I felt sorry for him. I think his rating was 4.8.
But to rate someone low just because you as a passenger are having a bad day, or the driver wouldn't drop you at a taxi zone or bus stop maybe a passenger was asked not to bring food or drinks in the car, or the Uber driver missed a turn off or 100 other silly reasons, is pretty unfair.
Worse, I got a $1

Sleepo

Yeh JC as Hugh G says above , there are many hidden pitfalls , uber dose not want you to know , when you sign up,
One is your car is now an " ex Taxi" .
Go on Rego Check , key in your number plate , and you will find
Purpose of Use
Booked Hire
It stays with your car , for its life , associated with the VIN no.

One other catch , I found for all retirees ,
Is you lose all all pensioner discounts , on Rego & insurance :frown:
But get them back if you quit rideshare .
Welcome to the forum JosephC
I changed my rego back to private before I sold,( so I could get refund on ctp and rego) , rego check is now listed as dealer, because I know a dealer has the vehicle, so you would need to do a history check to find that it had been used as rideshare and that costs