1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

High demand text

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Bdott, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Bdott

Bdott Active Member

Dont know about you all but i get this text.message all the time and its a pain. If you do decide to uber that area its so saturated with Uber drivers alll over. I choose to uber in other areas and at different times myself.. ive still been great i only go there if i see the area im in is slow...

Attached Files:

2. DocT

DocT Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I stopped receiving those texts from Uber. Don't know why, and don't care.

Bdott likes this.
  3. donniejepp

donniejepp New Member

You can text back "STOP" and they'll stop spamming you, I think.

Those texts are so worthless. SaMo, WeHo and downtown are busy on the weekend? YOU DON'T SAY!

jrboy likes this.
  4. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    we get a text saying it's busy... check the pax app.... NO SURGE

ain't busy if it's got no surge.

5. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I like those text so.I know to work the opposite way. You know what text I didn't get? Brew fest out in the canyon with many phones having no reception to order an uber. Me? Gypsy rode 2 sets of 2 for $40 to cook's corner. I told them that is where I am dropping you off to order an uber. I was heading to a BBQ a mile away and able to drink while their uber picked them up at $1.10 a mile. Uber should have helped those people knowing they took an Uber all the way there....in a lonely canyon.

6. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i used to ignore them, as you should never chase a surge. unless you are very close. but i don't get text anymore, opted out.

i don't need them try and tell me how to drive....i have enough pax trying to do that. i just tell them I Am The Captain of this Ship !

RogerJS likes this.