High accept % = more rides?

Spursman

A mate of mine accepts every ride (no exceptions). He seems to to be getting a lot more rides than me (I don't drive more than 14 mins and won't accept 4.5 or lower).

Of course he is driving half way around the world doing this so the economics aren't good, but I wonder...Is there any correlation in oobers algorithm between acceptance % and jobs offered?

AussiePaul

A mate of mine accepts every ride (no exceptions). He seems to to be getting a lot more rides than me (I don't drive more than 14 mins and won't accept 4.5 or lower).

Of course he is driving half way around the world doing this so the economics aren't good, but I wonder...Is there any correlation in oobers algorithm between acceptance % and jobs offered?
If I was a Uber and had acceptance and cancellation info available, I would definitely give jobs to the most "Obedient Partners".

BabyBoomer

In my early days I had a few bad experiences accepting rides over 10 mins ...only to find out they were only going around the corner. Now if its over 6 mins ...I have a good look at it ...especially if its busy. Uber say they won't penalise anyone for not accepting jobs. I don't always believe Uber :rolleyes:.

Cheers, :wink:

BB

Jack Malarkey

Interestingly, GoCatch is explicit to drivers that acceptance rates do affect ride offers. This is a relevant extract from a recent email:

‘Set yourself to ‘Offline’ if you are not ready to receive work
  • This is to ensure that you will not receive any job requests if you think you might be away from your phone. Staying on ‘Available’ when you’re not ready to accept work will hurt your acceptance rating and will negatively affect jobs we assign to you’.
(https://uberpeople.net/threads/goca...ions-and-reminds-drivers-of-standards.205356/)

KawanaPete

I try and accept rides less than 10 minutes unless i am not busy then i go up to 15 minutes. Sometimes i end up at pick up point in less than half the time estimated. It's all a lottery for me!
I was doing my last trip yesterday arvo and had to reject 2 trips that came through before i had dropped pax in car off.
Sometimes i accept trips then find that they are further away than what oober tell me they are, been caught before with their lies.

Beepbeep41

Interestingly, GoCatch is explicit to drivers that acceptance rates do affect ride offers. This is a relevant extract from a recent email:

‘Set yourself to ‘Offline’ if you are not ready to receive work
  • This is to ensure that you will not receive any job requests if you think you might be away from your phone. Staying on ‘Available’ when you’re not ready to accept work will hurt your acceptance rating and will negatively affect jobs we assign to you’.
(https://uberpeople.net/threads/goca...ions-and-reminds-drivers-of-standards.205356/)

So instead of 1 job every 5hrs GoCatch might send 2, lol!

Kp you need to select "stop new trip requests" in the driver app.

If you have a really good acceptance and cancelation rate Uber starts sending you all the jobs that have had drivers cancel on. You will start to get a lot of PAX that say “my last driver cancelled on me” or they say “he took my 8 bucks!” Uber’s basically now putting you in as there patch up man for these pax that just received cancelations from drivers. It can be lucrative...

KawanaPete

My last rip yesterday did it for me... 4 noisy Brazilian girls going from Kings Beach to Mount Cooloum... all blabbering away in Portugese!!! and it was getting dark. Hate working in the night.

KawanaPete

Yeah about $45.. long dead mile trip back home though, you get lots of those around here...
Locked myself out of the house yesterday arvo, door blew shut when i walked outside to put my phones in the car... lost 2 hours oobering. Had time to "reflect" laying next to the pool!! lmao
DON'T say a word!!!

AvengingxxAngel

I'd never seen a passenger with a 4.2 rating before until Saturday, pick up was 22 mins away, of course I ignored it. I can only presume this passenger puked in some poor Uber drivers back seat once, lol.

Spursman

My pet hate are the millennials who get in the car (often the back seat) grunt something resembling a hello, plug in headphones, don't say a word, hop out at destination and slam the door.

Entitled little pricks!

AvengingxxAngel

My pet hate are the millennials who get in the car (often the back seat) grunt something resembling a hello, plug in headphones, don't say a word, hop out at destination and slam the door.

Entitled little pricks!
Sometimes I can't be bothered striking a conversation and making an effort to keep it open, for me, passengers who do this are a God send, especially when it's been a long day and I'm dragging myself around to make my quota for the day. The slamming door isn't good though. Most people I find are careful with closing the door, and 90% of the ones that slam it will usually yell out "sorry" before I drive off.

KawanaPete

Entitled little pricks!

I asked one the other day if they suffer from neck pain with their head bent all day. got a slurred grunt for an answer. I was just going to recommend a good massage therapist!!!
Why is that a lot of pax have dandruff??? each morning when i vacuum the back seat of car i find it covered in dandruff. Make me feel sick.
Maybe i should work further north... up where the so called SUD supposed to have worked.

AvengingxxAngel

I asked one the other day if they suffer from neck pain with their head bent all day. got a slurred grunt for an answer. I was just going to recommend a good massage therapist!!!
Why is that a lot of pax have dandruff??? each morning when i vacuum the back seat of car i find it covered in dandruff. Make me feel sick.
Maybe i should work further north... up where the so called SUD supposed to have worked.
I picked up these two guys once, I shouldn't point this out but I will, they were obese, wearing shorts and singlets. Dropped them off, stopped around the corner.... Flaky skin all over the back seat and on the doors, nearly made me dry reach.