• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hidden Surge After Eagles Playoff Loss

Antvirus

I see a lot of you posting on this topic so I will share my experience with this sh*t show

I worked from 1-7 and had a decent day. I was 6 trips away from completing the quest and I saved up my 2 destination trips. My plan was to chill, wait until 8pm, massage my last two destination filters in order to get short trips at a high surge and hit the quest. Solid planning imo.

8:00 comes:
No surge
No surge
8:10
No surge

I then log on without the destination applied, with no plans of accepting any trips.
(In Fishtown)

*Ping 3 miles
*Ping 2.1 miles
*Ping 4 miles

No surge and I declined every one.

I was understandably confused and I figured they were on some bs so i decided to just set my DF and get started. I didn't want to fight for the last 6 trips and lose the quest.

The first request came through. I accepted, completed then checked the fare to find this message:

"A rider paid a surge price on this trip. This adjustment was made to ensure you received a significant portion of the rider surge price"

Surge: $5.66
Rider paid $19.86
I received $9.11

So what are we playing blackjack with the surges now? I wonder how long I was sitting there waiting for a surge that was already happening? I did hit my quest and a few more hidden surges so my plan worked but honestly, this is a joke....

Last edited:

Ardery

I was getting pings crazy from 15-25 min away. while I was sitting in my own surge zone (according to. surge chaser)

i finally accepted closer rides. neither I received any surge payment, but it doesn't seem the passenger did either.

then I said F this and went home.

A holes.

Hans GrUber

I see a lot of you posting on this topic so I will share my experience with this sh*t show

I worked from 1-7 and had a decent day. I was 6 trips away from completing the quest and I saved up my 2 destination trips. My plan was to chill, wait until 8pm, massage my last two destination filters in order to get short trips at a high surge and hit the quest. Solid planning imo.

8:00 comes:
No surge
No surge
8:10
No surge

I then log on without the destination applied, with no plans of accepting any trips.
(In Fishtown)

*Ping 3 miles
*Ping 2.1 miles
*Ping 4 miles

No surge and I declined every one.

I was understandably confused and I figured they were on some bs so i decided to just set my DF and get started. I didn't want to fight for the last 6 trips and lose the quest.

The first request came through. I accepted, completed then checked the fare to find this message:

"A rider paid a surge price on this trip. This adjustment was made to ensure you received a significant portion of the rider surge price"

Surge: $5.66
Rider paid $19.86
I received $9.11

So what are we playing blackjack with the surges now? I wonder how long I was sitting there waiting for a surge that was already happening? I did hit my quest and a few more hidden surges so my plan worked but honestly, this is a joke....
What great guys. They bump it up so you received the “significant” portion of ALMOST 50%. Thanks, Uber!

nickd8775

When I saw no driver surge I was like "screw Uber" and did three cash rides from Xfinity to Center City for $20 cash each in an hour. People had a hard time getting an Uber because there was a long wait.
First two were street hails. The third ride, it started out as an Uber trip from Xfinity. Had them cancel and pay me half price, $20. Wasn't going to let Uber keep the surge. Instead of getting 40% they got NOTHING from me.

bobby747

long we got app not working properly fee at different amounts as we pay uber for a working app. how many dump ants got $66 to collegeville and uber $200 on xl...

DelaJoe

Had snow covered roads in lower Delaware and I didn't even drive this weekend.

Well at least I don't have to take a day off for a Super Bowl parade Uber/Lyft day in Phila this year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
acme Sydney 1
J Denver 39
FuberPromo17 San Francisco 10