Hi from Melbourne

Liam

Hi everyone! I am a person from Melbourne, Australia.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I originally came to these forums because I am studying transportation and wanted to know more about Uber from a drivers perspective.

It has been really interesting reading the points of view of drivers from different parts of the world. Uber is relatively new in Melbourne (~2 years I think) but getting more popular all the time. When I chat to drivers here they seem pretty positive about their experience but I wonder if maybe it will be harder to make a living as more people start driving and there is more competition.

Has anyone noticed a change in your city's market since you started driving?

Liam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi sue, I'm actually not driving at the moment my interest is just academic at this point. And yes it is luna park!

Sydney Uber

Hi everyone! I am a person from Melbourne, Australia.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I originally came to these forums because I am studying transportation and wanted to know more about Uber from a drivers perspective.

It has been really interesting reading the points of view of drivers from different parts of the world. Uber is relatively new in Melbourne (~2 years I think) but getting more popular all the time. When I chat to drivers here they seem pretty positive about their experience but I wonder if maybe it will be harder to make a living as more people start driving and there is more competition.

Has anyone noticed a change in your city's market since you started driving?
G'day!

Those who got in early did very well, on any of the platforms. As the market matures Uber screws its partners mercilessly.

Every part of the UBER business model screams out that It is unsustainable - the way they bully their way into markets breaking established transport laws, the way they burn and churn drivers over ratings and dropping driver returns. But drivers just keep lining up to trash their cars for a pittance whilst Uber grows market share.

suewho

Another charming new member, oh yay! i must say, he does look handsome, no wonder thehappytypist has gone all gooey. Lol

Lidman

Maybe she's the most impressed by his "inate" ability to convince any gullible uber driver that every rate cut wil increase their income by 12%. In all fairness that might ring true for one small rate cut. But from what I've heard and read, they've cut rates in many cities 4 or 5 times, and keep using that 12% rubbish on every cut. It is very professionally written though.