• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hi everyone!

Hi again πŸ˜‚!

I was born in a small town in Akita perfecture (the north east part) of Japan. My family moved to Hong Kong (HK) when I was 8 years old.

The funny fact about my name けγͺみ (pronounces as chi-na-mi; 千ε₯ˆηΎŽ in Chinese characters) is that the pronunciation in Chinese is completely different from that in Japanese. At first, I didn't even know when my classmates and teachers called me 😝. This is why my English teacher gave me one - Sapphire.

I received my bachelor degree in HK. Currently is working in a collaborator's laboratory in Texas (whom is also a good friend of my principal supervisor).

The stipend that I receive is only sufficient to pay daily expenses and the rent so I do feel ashamed to still rely on my parents occasionally. One of my colleagues returned to China and sold her cat to me. This is why I came up of the thought of driving. Have browsed this forum for a month, I do realize that drivers do not make much since the corporate always take the lionshare.

I have tried a bit more than a week of driving after hours. It seems my passengers are very awesome and nice people (so far). I always feel surprised whenever I receive a tip (tipping is never a norm in Japan and some there do consider it as an insult). I never splurge other than food 🀭 so I hope to save up every dollar earned from this gig for a trip back to Japan some time next year to visit my grandparents.

I received my first driver license in 2013 but my parents are very reluctant to let me to drive their car. Besides, everything is so pricey there so owning a car is only a dream for fresh graduates like me. FYI, average unlead is ~$ 2.5 / LITRE, which equivalents ~$ 9.5 / GAL. This is almost 4 times more than in CA (probably the richest state in my opinion, lots of fancy houses). Thank you Texas for offering me a chance to drive!

Thank you everyone on this forum and let's be friends? I truly appreciate if you can pardon my English when you find my words difficult to understand or offensive. This is never my first language.

Rog’O Datto

Hi
Hi again πŸ˜‚!

I was born in a small town in Akita perfecture (the north east part) of Japan. My family moved to Hong Kong (HK) when I was 8 years old.

The funny fact about my name けγͺみ (pronounces as chi-na-mi; 千ε₯ˆηΎŽ in Chinese characters) is that the pronunciation in Chinese is completely different from that in Japanese. At first, I didn't even know when my classmates and teachers called me 😝. This is why my English teacher gave me one - Sapphire.

I received my bachelor degree in HK. Currently is working in a collaborator's laboratory in Texas (whom is also a good friend of my principal supervisor).

The stipend that I receive is only sufficient to pay daily expenses and the rent so I do feel ashamed to still rely on my parents occasionally. One of my colleagues returned to China and sold her cat to me. This is why I came up of the thought of driving. Have browsed this forum for a month, I do realize that drivers do not make much since the corporate always take the lionshare.

I have tried a bit more than a week of driving after hours. It seems my passengers are very awesome and nice people (so far). I always feel surprised whenever I receive a tip (tipping is never a norm in Japan and some there do consider it as an insult). I never splurge other than food 🀭 so I hope to save up every dollar earned from this gig for a trip back to Japan some time next year to visit my grandparents.

I received my first driver license in 2013 but my parents are very reluctant to let me to drive their car. Besides, everything is so pricey there so owning a car is only a dream for fresh graduates like me. FYI, average unlead is ~$ 2.5 / LITRE, which equivalents ~$ 9.5 / GAL. This is almost 4 times more than in CA (probably the richest state in my opinion, lots of fancy houses). Thank you Texas for offering me a chance to drive!

Thank you everyone on this forum and let's be friends? I truly appreciate if you can pardon my English when you find my words difficult to understand or offensive. This is never my first language.
Hi πŸ˜€

R3drang3r

Hi again πŸ˜‚!

Hi, welcome to the forum. Don't worry about your English it's fine.😊

KK2929

Welcome !! How long have you been living in the states ?
If you drive after 10 pm, please, be very careful. Most of the unpleasant experiences that drivers have are late at night and early morning, most likely caused by people drinking alcohol.

Disgusted38

Hi again πŸ˜‚!

Welcome!! Your bubbly personality shows through! πŸ˜€

oleole20

Hi again πŸ˜‚!

Hi Sapphire
Nice to meet you. That's quite an introduction but I need more details about yourself.
Your age?
Height?
Marital status?
Address?
Bank details?
SSN?
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

reg barclay

Hi again πŸ˜‚!

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Kitty... purrr purrrr,
Like you, Luuurve is also my first language.
I would say Hajimemashite! to you too, but I'm afraid that greeting might be misconstrued by Australians and result in a few punches being thrown.