• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hi Everybody

mathman54

I drive in Worcester and live there. I do not enjoy driving in Worcester. I drive both Uber and Lyft. I only do one at a time. I notice that there are some in Worc. that do both as I see two decals on their windows.
Driving in Worc. is the pits. Yesterday 7/8/19 I drove 180 miles. I made a lousy $80. Uber is just as bad. I don't think Lyft is paying a long pickup fee.
What makes my day is going to Logan and staying in Boston. I can make over $100. Driving in Worc. started out being good. I was making $100 per day.
This forum seems to be dead. I know that there are drivers in Worc.
Oh and another thing, driving for Uber the passengers kind of suck. I keep getting my ratings dinged. Lyft passengers have raised my ratings to 4.9.
Does anyone know about Lyft Lux? Does it really exist in Worc. ?
Mathman54

BostonTaxiDriver

Yes, as you can see, the Worcester board is very slow.

And Worcester has many colleges, so summer must be especially slow when they're gone.

Aren't the Worcester rates much lower per mile and minute than Boston?

They should just delete the Worcester forum.

You grossed $80...in how many hours?

mathman54

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

And Worcester has many colleges, so summer must be especially slow when they're gone.

I did it in about 5 hours. I used to drive cab and summers were always slow. I have been driving Lyft the last couple of weeks. Today I made an even worse $50 in 4.5 hours. Yesterday and today the stupid nav portion was a disaster. I picked up these two females. I made a left turn on the road that was to be their destination. The app saw things differently. I drove down the road and should have made a left turn just before the intersection. I did not know where they were going. The app had me make a right turn on Rt. 9 drive down Rt. 9 a half mile and then make a U turn. Drive back towards their destination another half mile. Turn back on the road I was already on and pull into the parking lot. About an hour later it had me drive 4 miles to pick up a guy that was only 0.7 miles away. I am done with Lyft for the forseeable future. I will wait until the lamo developers get their collective heads out of their butts.

mathman54

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I drove in Boston last week. The mile rate was $0.66 and $0.27 time. In Worcester, it is $0.75 per mile and time is a measly $0.08 per min.
Today I barely made $80. It is very slow in Worc. right now. Summers in the rathole are always horrible. But when I went to Boston it wasn't any better.