1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Hi all this was going to be Essex but it's called Home county's now

Discussion in 'Home Counties, UK' started by essexman, Oct 12, 2016.

1. essexman

essexman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Welcome all

2. John John

John John Well-Known Member

Woop wooooop

3. Nature_BOY

Nature_BOY Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    guys can you pls tell me if there is enough work in Barking/Dagenham/Romford/Upminster/Rainham area in the evenings and weekends?
    I work part time and mostly do the City and surrounding areas, but don't really like that area. Thinking of cctv and all restrictions, makes me a bit paranoid, lolz

4. eric_london

eric_london Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yesterday dropped off to Tilbury got ping before I even light my ciggy up! Went to Brentford! So yes work is everywhere!

5. eric_london

eric_london Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Well good luck essexmanessexman hope you dont get many ducker cabbies in here.

6. babasanfur

babasanfur Well-Known Member

Wish u good luck

7. WHU STEVE

WHU STEVE Well-Known Member

Essex area is my one of my favourite places at the weekend! the pings are quite often and the roads are empty!

Uberx1 likes this.
  8. Bobi2309

Bobi2309 New Member

Hi do you now any good local office to work for and allso do did you work or now anything about cab office. Cald atlas cars in romford and is it a busy area. Many thank im new. To ph I originaly wanted to work for uber but got rejected tanks

9. essexman

Driving:
    UberXL
    I know Atlas cars and the owner I used to work for Mayflower cars they was rent based but and I found them the busiest at the time but that was 10 years ago I think Atlas is rent also.

10. essexman

Driving:
    UberXL
    Was busy last night think there was just as much surge as London mostly Brentwood but if you get job into London your normally stuck there.

Might be looking to rent my Galaxy out next year if you want to try XL out lot cheaper than rental firms and already registered with Uber Jan will be quite but guess being new might be best time to start if your have you done PH before ?

11. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

Have you worked out your costs?

For nearly all people, it is not worth doing Uber part time.

12. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

'Here and there' sounds like part time. Working 'here and there' regularly sounds like regular part time.

If you have worked out your costs correctly, then next you have to factor in only taking on average £12 per hour or even less after Uber take their 25% cut.

Earlier in the thread you mentioned renting a car. Usually you can only hire a car per a whole week. That is at least £180 per week.

Let's say you work here and there averaging 20 hours per week.

20hrs x £12 = £240
    - £180 car rental
    - £30 fuel
    - car cleaning and miscellaneous costs £15

= £225

£240 earnings minus £225 costs.

=

. . . Take home pay £15 for 20 hours work.

That is 75p per hour.

Fostel likes this.
  13. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

"Here and there" = part time.

What are your costs then?

14. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

What are your costs then?

15. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

I am an experienced Uber driver. I'm just warning you about the costs vs the low earnings available with Uber. As you say you have no experience of the private hire trade/taxi/Uber, I am telling you this for your sake.
    You have not been forthcoming with your costs, that is fair enough, up to you.

As an experienced Uber driver myself, I already know your costs probably may not add up.
    There are ways to possibly save money which people could share with you. It seems as though you think you know everything already.

Best of luck to you though.

16. Taxi8

Taxi8 Well-Known Member

Well, you are wrong about the costs and wrong about me not being an Uber driver.
    Yes, there are some black cab drivers on this forum running Uber down, and I don't blame them. They still know what they are talking about though.
    On the flip side of the coin, there are fake accounts which are created to promote Uber on this forum and other places online. Your account will be under suspicion.

On that basis, can you believe anybody?

An experienced driver can spot a faker a mile off.

One thing that doesn't lie is the numbers. Do the maths.

Fostel likes this.
  17. bob swagger

bob swagger New Member

ha! uber slaves,
    The tax man wants all Uber drivers national insurance details. He can go back 5 years tax dodgers your time is nigh !

18. essexman

Driving:
    UberXL
    Bob you saying uber drivers earn a lot and have to pay tax ?

19. bob swagger

bob swagger New Member

Uber slaves cant make up there minds but they would earn less if they paid tax which makes me happy