• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hey y'all

grayspinner

I recently started driving for UberX in the Raleigh area. Thought I'd join the community to get some pointers.

I'm making enough money to justify driving, I like the flexibility. I'm a mid-forties mom to 4 (two graduated, two still at home) and like that I can use Uber to make money off of trips in already making into Raleigh, during time I normally would have spent waiting. I do wish the fares were higher, but I am still profiting after my calculated expenses.

I also wish the app navigation was better, sometimes I have trouble finding my riders.

bgftp29

I'm new to Uber too. I find that UberX is a great Part-Time job. I've had good luck with most of my riders. Found a great deal on tiny waters and they seem to be a hit with passengers. I've noticed that most of my riders are under 40 and are very polite. Only had a few cash tips. Have you had any problems with people since you starting driving?

grayspinner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The biggest problem I've had is not being able to locate riders from their pins in the more dense areas. But I read a suggestion to text them and ask what building/business they are in front of, which would help a lot.

I had a creepy dude try persistently to hit on me mid-day on a Sunday. He used complimenting my nails as an excuse to grab at my hands. Just no dude. Luckily I've got plenty of experience brushing off unwanted attention.

I'm not giving out water - I'm interested in maximizing my $. I did grab a bag of lifesavers cause I had a coupon & they were on sale, I'll give them to folks who might need some peppermint to settle their stomach.

bgftp29

Agh, haven't had anyone flirt with me, how uncomfortable.

After reading this page the best advice I've seen on locating people is drive to the pin and wait.

I cancelled on a customer after waiting 10 mins. 10 mins after that another request from the same pax. This pax turned out to be a bad fare but I made an extra $5.00 on his first cancelled trip.

He was so drunk he didn't even notice I was the same driver. He went from all angry about his ex wife to almost crying when I dropped him off at home.

Question: Can you end a ride at anytime if you feel something isn't right?

grayspinner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The problem finding riders is more a technical/maps issue than a rider issue. Sometimes I get a range of addresses because they are in a parking lot or in a cluster of stores. A quick text before I begin driving to them in those cases has helped a lot.

I'm sure you CAN end a ride whenever you need to, your ratings may suffer but that may or may not matter.

I tend not to drive after 10/11pm so I have less issues with drunks.

bgftp29

Haven't done the drunks yet. Everyone says you make a lot of money but this isn't my primary income. I like my quite afternoon pax and sunday please take me home cause I had a wild night customers