Hey Ventura Driver’s

been in VC for a few weeks helping out with the grandkids in Fillmore. I know, Fillmore! What a shithole, lol.

Drive U/L XL mostly SAN and SNA airports.

Does anyone have any information on Santa Barbara airport? Is it worth it?

Not much luck so far with the obvious holes, outlet, collection, Main Street and Shores. xl pings 15 plus minutes away, mostly shorties.

Drivers everywhere!! Newbies?

Why isn’t Ventura forum more active? Let’s talk.

Thanks for your help

lmarl72936

I keep forgetting to look here.. Im mostly in LA forum.. Ventura can be good actually better then LA.. Work Ventura City at night.. Also Fillmore I get rides from 7am to 9am almost daily on DF to Thousand Oaks..

Cheers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the reply, just curious from Fillmore to Thousand Oaks, do you take grimes canyon or long haul down the 126?

Also wondering if you ever drove the sailors out of port Hueneme

Thanks again

lmarl72936

No, go through Grimes, the PAX from Fillmore will know if you try to long haul them.. Also every Thursday Morning at around 730am if your up turn on the app, you will get this guy that rides to Santa Paula and ask you to wait for 2 min, then back to Fillmore.. He is a recovering heroin addict and goes gets his methadone.. He's a good guy actually and he tips $10 every time, kinda feel bad for him but I cant take him because I have to be at work in Thousand Oaks at 8am.. DF for some reason sometimes sends me the long way and i cant go that way without being late for work. Also, yes, the sailors are usually very young you will get them from the base gates to the outlets to either the strip club .. they not worth it.. its few and far between only on Friday/Sat nights and they are kinda jerks and dont tip.

hello there. I'm seeing this is an old post, but I am also new and driving in Ventura area. Tomorrow I start with Lyft. I think I'll start going up to Santa Barbara; I hear it is more active and worth your time. Ventura is worth it on Fridays and Saturdays, maybe Sundays in the evening but it's pretty slow otherwise. Early morning rides starting at 4am til about 830 are also plentiful but i'm not a morning person. The Ojai Valley probably needs a more regular driver up there but I only recommend that for someone who actually lives there. The Ojai riders tend to tip well, they know you're going out of a busy area and are pretty appreciative of your time. That might be an opportunity in the early morning because I've seen it in the red on the Uber map but as I've said, I'm not a morning person. anyway...just saying hi!
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the reply, just curious from Fillmore to Thousand Oaks, do you take grimes canyon or long haul down the 126?

Also wondering if you ever drove the sailors out of port Hueneme

Thanks again
I've given a couple sailors a ride and of course, they're generally pleasant and polite(they're programmed) but yeah, they DO NOT TIP! I try to leave Port Hueneme as soon as possible after a drop off just to avoid the sailors. I haven't had to deal with them on weekends but my tolerance is low for bad behavior so it's best I avoid that area lol.

P3Christopher

I am surprised there is much of an XL market in Ventura.

I drive in Oxnard all the time. Sailors are not a factor but your generalizations are off none the less. There are not enough of themnor is the area confined like a large or even midsized military base. The two bases do allow rideshare on and off now... at least they claim they do. I have just not seen it happen yet.

I call it as I see it. I have now had a 50/50 experience when it comes to the sailors, some are pleasant, some won't say more than 2 words, but it doesn't change the fact, they DO NOT tip. I don't think my "generalizations are off", sorry, not sorry. We all have our preferences, I'm sure you have yours, but mine is not Port Hueneme (the whole city, not just the sailors) so I'll go where the tips are higher and the clientele has more couth.

been in VC for a few weeks helping out with the grandkids in Fillmore. I know, Fillmore! What a shithole, lol.

Drive U/L XL mostly SAN and SNA airports.

Does anyone have any information on Santa Barbara airport? Is it worth it?

Not much luck so far with the obvious holes, outlet, collection, Main Street and Shores. xl pings 15 plus minutes away, mostly shorties.

Drivers everywhere!! Newbies?

Why isn’t Ventura forum more active? Let’s talk.

Thanks for your help
Just keeping this thread active. I'll pose a question and maybe we'll get some feedback. How is the market for Uber XL in Ventura(CO)? I don't qualify but I've had pax say that they aren't able to find any XLs in the area and so they split their group up into two rides. (Definitely a plus for us drivers! got two making $$). I think this covers Santa Barbara as well. Anyway....if any XL'ers want to chime in, that would be awesome. I'd love to hear both sides of the story.

lmarl72936

im looking at the pax app here in thousand oaks and there is plenty of XL avail right now.. Maybe not so much on Weekend nights.. IDK