1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Hey US Veterans. Get your free food.

Discussion in 'Advice' started by 911 Guy, Nov 10, 2018 at 2:45 PM.

1. 911 Guy

911 Guy

Uber's Guber and Ziplock like this.
  2. 911 Guy

911 Guy

3. Ziplock

Ziplock

Thanks for the information and the look out to all the Veterans.

Uber's Guber likes this.
  4. vtcomics

vtcomics

Thank you Vets for more than we can ever say. Now git on over to the Golden Corral and saddle up!

Ziplock likes this.
  5. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Shouldn't the wait staff be thanking us too and waive their extortion fee?

6. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks to all the veterans for their service!

Today is the anniversary of my second marriage. (Seriously) So in that sense, I was a veteran. Unfortunately, it didn't last as long as the first one.

Christine

Ziplock likes this.
  7. That’s a harsh way to put it, but I agree. The waitstaff could either agree to accept these tables without a tip or not serve them at all.

(Whomever refuses to serve veterans would look like a complete jerk though.).

I hate the tipping culture in the US. Pay waitstaff/ Uber drivers/ etc, a fair wage, and stop with the guilt trip into tipping. If someone goes above and beyond, however, I will gladly tip. If I carry your 50lb bags into and out of my trunk, I would expect a tip.

If anyone in a restaurant deserves a tip it’s the kitchen staff—the people that prepared that food—not the flirtatious chick who carried a plate 15feet then texted her boyfriend.

Btw, Steve, thank you. My entire family has been active duty navy for generations. I know it’s not easy.

8. Denny's is giving vets a free grand slam? I am so there!

teh744 likes this.