Hey Uber have a heart and suspend your portion of the fare like real companies.

I am so proud of companies coming together to save the livelihood of there employees. Uber or Lyft here is a idea stop taking the roughly 35% of the fare people think we get. Yes I ask customers if they know Uber gets roughly 35% of the fare and they cant believe it. Most thought all went to us? Explains lack of tips when someone thinks I am getting $10.00 for a 5 min ride only to find out I got $4.80.
I would assume its better to have a company in a few weeks with drivers than a company with no drivers. We cant afford to do a small percent of rides as compared to what we used to. Even before you would barely make money. Imagine getting the entire fare even temporarily. Tonight I drove and was 1 of 4 cars in Albany ans people were saying the wait time was 20--30 minutes and the surge never went over $2.75? a few passenger tried getting a cab though they were busy.. Oh boy back to cabs? Suggestion to Uber give up you profit for a few weeks before you have nothing, or you spend more trying to get customers back.

Screenshot_20200323-225732.png

Ballard_Driver

It actually wouldn't be a bad PR move for them, in addition to keeping more drivers on the road... Assuming the need more drivers on the road. Seems like most places are still flooded and nobody is getting any rides. But since rides are way down anyway, that means it won't cost them much to waive their fees right now, and the PR value alone would be worth it for them long term.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It actually wouldn't be a bad PR move for them, in addition to keeping more drivers on the road... Assuming the need more drivers on the road. Seems like most places are still flooded and nobody is getting any rides. But since rides are way down anyway, that means it won't cost them much to waive their fees right now, and the PR value alone would be worth it for them long term.
[Here in Albany it doesn't seem like the market is flooded rides are way down and schools are out. If you were to drive you would make nothing. Last might we had snowstorm 5 inches roads were bad and there were a few rides though adding accidents to the risk of catching a virus just is not good math when Uber is making the money. People really think we get the whole fare.I just come out and ask them what the fare was and show them what I received they are amazed though what are they going to do about it. Now is the time for a new ride share company. If Craigslist could do it for people to buy and sell for no fee why cant someone do the same.
I found it comical being one of the few drivers on the road as soon as I took a fare they tried to put one in my Que. I couldn't hit the do not request so there goes my acceptance rating? Oh well I am not running 2 cities away for a extra $2.

Cdub2k

Judging by the reports some drivers are posting on this forum as well Facebook not only are they not suspending their portion of the fare they are expanding their portion of the fare. Uber is more likely to curb stomp you why you’re down than to help you Get on your feet.

BadYota

If I could get at least $5 a ride I would be out driving right now. But without surges, which is where Uber makes a lot of money, there’s no incentive to cut their portion. It’s not like there’s an increased driver demand. Ants will keep anting nomatter what

NOXDriver

In my small market people are saying they can wait up to 30 minutes for a ride. I routinely reject rides of 10+ minutes away (meaning no one closer took it). Just today I rejected a trip for a women 4 times (14+ min away) but a large GrubHub order took me close (4 min) and I finally picked her up. She was not happy about the wait.

As she was complaining I told her that should would still have been waiting if I didn't get the magical delivery that got me close to her location. She didn't understand why an Uber employee would not pick her up on the first try. I rolled my eyes and just drove her the 1.8 miles to her friends house and went back to the city.

Dome

In my small market people are saying they can wait up to 30 minutes for a ride. I routinely reject rides of 10+ minutes away (meaning no one closer took it). Just today I rejected a trip for a women 4 times (14+ min away) but a large GrubHub order took me close (4 min) and I finally picked her up. She was not happy about the wait.

As she was complaining I told her that should would still have been waiting if I didn't get the magical delivery that got me close to her location. She didn't understand why an Uber employee would not pick her up on the first try. I rolled my eyes and just drove her the 1.8 miles to her friends house and went back to the city.
That's so hysterical that a passenger can't understand why someone wouldn't want to drive 14 minutes (miles is a better determination than time but it wasn't mentioned) to give them a 5 min ride.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

As she was complaining I would of stopped and said get out. Then told her that should would still have been waiting if I didn't get the magical delivery that got me close to her location. She didn't understand why an Uber employee would not pick her up on the first try. I rolled my eyes and just drove her the 1.8 miles to her friends house and went back to the city.
Unreal. Be thankful lady and maybe a thanks would not hurt. I hope next time you decline her 4x and dont take her. No appreciation at all. Your car, time, gas, etc. Tell her to move to work then she wont need a Uber. :smiles: