Hey New Knoxville Driver

MEME17

Hey, everyone started driving today in Knoxville . I use to drive in Athens Ga but I moved here. Where are the spots and the times I should drive ? Thanks for any information also I noticed dt by campus around noon was good. Where should I go to get the work rush hour in am and pm or rides ? Thanks

Annasmom

I try to stay in areas i know the best which is west knox but ut area is good as well but im just not real comfortable in that area yet. Im fairly new also. Downrown is also good esp on game days and watch for days where festivals or concerts are going on.

Mp2013

Campus is a waste imo. Mostly really short trips that get you around $2.66 a piece. I have found the airport (McGhee Tyson) around 8am is a solid $10+ guarantee. Any time past 8am and the queue gets ridiculously long. For last call the old City is an easy buck, but competitive with other drivers. Roosters, Drakes, and the alley are my last call go to. Welcome to Knoxville and good luck. Remember, don't chase those surges. In Knoxville surges can be extremely misleading.

fishingguy

Campus is a waste imo. Mostly really short trips that get you around $2.66 a piece. I have found the airport (McGhee Tyson) around 8am is a solid $10+ guarantee. Any time past 8am and the queue gets ridiculously long. For last call the old City is an easy buck, but competitive with other drivers. Roosters, Drakes, and the alley are my last call go to. Welcome to Knoxville and good luck. Remember, don't chase those surges. In Knoxville surges can be extremely misleading.
I think Uber shows a surge just to get people to go there. I know I have been in a "surge" area several times and not get anything, then the surge goes away