Hey Lyft, I would like to get paid for this ride

Have you ever been shorted in a Lyft fare payment?

• Yes, one time; and they got it fixed no questions asked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, one time; and they refused to help me.

• I’ve had it happen before; more than once, with great results for resolution.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jlittle

If Lyft is primarily a “payments processor,“ they are not very good at it.

Has Lyft ever calculated a fare payment incorrectly for you in their favor?

They paid me a cancellation fee for the second passenger, and didn’t pay me for the rest of the ride. PPZ is no substitute for not paying a fare I’m entitled to.

It looks like I was underpaid $19.22:
$1.76 Base rate
$0.312 per minute * 39 minutes 2 seconds= $12.17 for time
$0.728 per mile * 7.27 Miles = $5.29 for mileage.

$1.76 + $12.17 + $5.29 = $19.22

The final transaction is missing mileage time and base rate.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

C494DFB6-A217-4532-8484-F045E78B15CA.png

630E0313-5D71-4997-8160-75AA3CFFF1BA.jpeg

Last edited:

Dekero

The real obstacle is when they F you, and they will. You have no RECOURSE but to email and then have no choice but to accept their response because you cannot carry on a dialog to resolution. They know this and they Hide behind it...

Not with me.. when I have a problem I call their sexual abuse hotline and I get transferred to a real person. And if they don't like us doing that?? Then @@@@ing get a support phone number for your drivers you asshats!

So next time you need LYFT support choose the help option for safety, Passenger was Unsafe... And there is a CALL option... 😆😆😆. Its the only thing they seem to give a damn about and plan on RESPONDING quickly....

tenor (2).gif

jlittle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The real obstacle is when they F you, and they will. You have no RECOURSE but to email and then have no choice but to accept their response because you cannot carry on a dialog to resolution. They know this and they Hide behind it...

Not with me.. when I have a problem I call their sexual abuse hotline and I get transferred to a real person. And if they don't like us doing that?? Then @@@@ing get a support phone number for your drivers you asshats!

So next time you need LYFT support choose the help option for safety, Passenger was Unsafe... And there is a CALL option... 😆😆😆. Its the only thing they seem to give a damn about and plan on RESPONDING quickly....

View attachment 385379
That’s a good strategy; I may call it since no candid response has arrived yet.

I’m so ready to be disregarded and ignored! The terribly implemented machine learning algorithms used to respond to drivers for “support” haven’t been programmed to shut down a legitimate line of questioning by the California Department of Industrial Relations. They may have to send a lawyer instead.

Since AB5 has far reaching consequences, I believe the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement would take my WAGE THEFT complaint seriously. This, of course would be secondary to the complaint about being improperly misclassified as an independent contractor.

Maybe it’s not smart to have algorithms deliver wage law violations in writing, or handle any personnel matters either.

Should I fail to get paid, I think Fresno is a good place to file a claim. I always like a scenic drive out of SF; and I'm sure Lyft attorneys won’t mind a 6 hour round trip either.

I am guessing Lyft will love having to lose thousands paying mileage and time for an attorney to fight a case against paying a driver the mileage and time he’s entitled to.

DriveLV

I am guessing Lyft will love having to lose thousands paying mileage and time for an attorney to fight a case against paying a driver the mileage and time he’s entitled to.
Point of order: Lyft won't have to pay mileage for the attorney to go Fresno. They'll just tell the attorney to take a Lyft, and then inform the driver he "picked up the wrong pax" or similar BS and then rescind the payment from the driver. Easy peasy.

jlittle

Lyft giveth.

A thank you is warranted; but still feels odd knowing that it should have been there in the first place. The second PPZ was unexpected so I’m gonna say thanks for it..

But how did it get fixed?

Not sure if:
- some sort of nightly service worker script runs to audit “irregularities” in prior days’ rides; and automatically corrected it.
- if Lyft Corporate saw this post and acted on it.
- or if someone did indeed read my support request and (has yet to / is not planning to) respond to it.

I’m satisfied with the result regardless.

1C84567F-B060-4E37-ADDC-5113164080E2.jpeg

Kurt Halfyard

Author
The first year driving LYFT I was shorted easily $400-500 in wonky app crashes that broke streaks, unpaid no-show fees, unpaid 'no car seat' fees, etc.
I eventually figured out how to work the system, and customer support to get satisfaction. I still loose a $5 cancel every now and again, and encounter an obstinante CSR who refuses to issue it back out.

Always go through, PASSENGER WAS UNSAFE option in the 'help' menu, and then get the Safety team to call you, and then ask to be transferred to Driver Support. Driver phone support seems to fix issues better than their email support. Oh, and always have them issue an email record of what happened in the call.

Trafficat

The fact that Lyft will short me on cancel fees is one reason I will take Uber rides over Lyft. Calling the safety hotline sounds like a nice trick, but their algorithms should work right the first time.

Time spent arguing with Lyft support is time that could be spent taking Uber rides.

gabesdaddee

For the drivers who have been shafted a few times from either of these scumbag companies, how about contacting the media with proof? We all know how they love public attention to the shafting they are giving us without Vaseline...

Daisey77

Last spring they shorted me on three separate fares. Went back and forth with on support. Finally they asked for screenshots and as soon as I submitted them, they quit responding. Fought with them for two months before I went into the Hub. The Hub still had attitude but got resolved for the most part. The first issue he asked for a screenshot, thinking I didn't have them. I provided it and he paid me. The second one he asked for the screenshot and then said he also needs at timestamp. No problem. I have that too. Third one I didn't have a screenshot for. Had a screenshot but couldn't capture the prime at the time. When I hit the button simultaneously to catch screenshot I must have been off and so it started my Bixby which is Apple's equivalent to Siri. So I had that screenshot with a timestamp but that was it. The Lyft employee told me he was not able to pay me for it . I said with all due respect sir clearly my Integrity is not in question here as I given you proof of everything you ask for with no lies. You on the other hand have absolutely no credibility as you sit here and try to lie to me while I have screenshots in my hand. Therefore my credibility trumps your credibility and you will pay me. I only got half. Good luck. They suck and they're scumbags

jlittle

people always say lyft is so nice and uber is evil..well i got news for yeah,they both suck. uber is darth vader and lyft is the village people....
For real. Driving Lyft this evening, got a request as I was dropping off somebody at San Francisco International Airport in the pouring rain. Airport queue had no drivers for both Lyft and Uber.

The couple I picked up at the airport had just skipped requesting a ride with Uber because they were quoted $70 to go 13 miles... checked the surge $ amount - $8.75. They were surprised to hear that out of the $70 we’d be making about $28. Dark Vader indeed.

For Lyft, they were charged $40.00.

For me, Lyft PPZ was $19.75, mileage, time, base equaled $21. Lyft lost money, lol. Village people indeed.

TLDR: I honestly think that your reference was perfect.

Woohaa

people always say lyft is so nice and uber is evil..well i got news for yeah,they both suck. uber is darth vader and lyft is the village people....
Hey! I LIKE the Village People. Totally hurtful comparison. Totally....😔

Rosalita

For the drivers who have been shafted a few times from either of these scumbag companies, how about contacting the media with proof? We all know how they love public attention to the shafting they are giving us without Vaseline...
Lyft too busy ingratiating itself with our local media with all their "virtue signaling" and giving free rides to poor people to go to a grocery store that's on the bus route in a neighboring urban ghetto that no sane driver would drive in. Of course the don't say how those same pax are supposed to get home from the grocery store and of course this is the customer base that thinks you should wait for them. Free rides = No Tips. Lyft will be out of business in less than 4 years if it cannot get welfare funding from the government.