Hey everybody

Glenn Paul

Just started driving for Uber a couple months ago. Great way to make a few bucks and meet new people. You can't make a ton of money, but it's good play money.

agtg

Drivers seeking to earn a living wage in Charlotte should stop completely. Uber has a lot of nerve expecting to take so much for each ride knowing it's not possible to make a living wage and still cover expenses related to insuring and maintaining a vehicle (never mind gas costs).

But I'm sure they've got a staff of accountants who know how to force the local driver stable to walk the line of indentured servitude and freedom through quitting.

Glenn Paul

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
People choose to drive or not to drive. If someone is looking to make a career out of Uber, it's the wrong business to be in. I get about 60% of the fares I take.

agtg

The primary problem with your thinking is that you wink and nod as they treat a legitimate industry (livery/cab) which provides a living wage like prey. While Uber may not care, drivers should not be cannibalizing their own economies for a globalist overlord who adds nothing to the local economy but cheap rides to people who should be taking a bus or staying home.

Glenn Paul

There is no problem with my thinking. Don't like Uber, don't deal with it. I do what i want for the reasons i want to. Uber is spending money for me, and it does that for me.

Mario707

You gotta be mentally disturb if you think you can make more than minimum wage driving Uber; but if you are driving for fun, and help Uber use people like you for their billions then keep up the good work!

PC_Uber

This forum is filled with taxi drivers trying to talk Uber drivers out of driving and trying to save their jobs. News Flash: People hate you guys.

CLTUberPissed

Uber is able to pay drivers poverty wages because of people like Paul. Oh...i'm just here to make a few bucks because I have another source of income. In the meantime everyone else gets screwed.

Glenn Paul

Uber is able to pay drivers poverty wages because of people like Paul. Oh...i'm just here to make a few bucks because I have another source of income. In the meantime everyone else gets screwed.
Actually, I don't have another source of income. I do it because I like it, and I make a few bucks. Plus, I get to drive the Hemi around. Don't like it? Don't do it. If i had to make money it certainly wouldn't be what I'd choose to do.