Hertz uber rental rates go up!

sfladriver

Here's the email I got from Uber :
Weekly rental prices are changing
Starting Tuesday, September 5th, Hertz is updating its pricing for weekly rentals for Uber driver-partners to $214 per week, before local taxes and fees.

Contracts signed before September 5th will continue at $180 per week, before local taxes and fees. After 28 days when the contract is renewed, the weekly rental price will then become $214 per week plus local taxes and fees.

If you need any additional information, please visit your closest Hertz local branch or visit help.uber.com.

How anyone able to make money renting is beyond me

LADriver

Misaelz28 - what car would that be ? Please give examples of 2k cars or mandreyka -a 1000$ car for X?

UBER passengers expect a nice, new, clean car with power jacks for their phones, auxiliary cords for their music, navigation systems for them to "control freak" you out of using because they "love" WAZE

I think this is the $1,000 UBER car you're taking about:

New Ecuador Red Car.jpg

ArtVandelay

Exactly LADriver - I would like to see what car you can do x in that costs $1000(without fixes and repairs) that would not get you bad reviews or thrown off the platform.

SoberAntfromCT

Yoo... 250 a week isn't shit. I make that on every Saturday. Leaves 6 days to grind. No repairs, no insurance. It's a good deal to rent.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Yoo... 250 a week isn't shit. I make that on every Saturday. Leaves 6 days to grind. No repairs, no insurance. It's a good deal to rent.

Imagine that: One of the best days of the week - the entire day's earnings - flushed down the toilet.

Rental car driving was already unsustainable, and now they've increased the cost by 19%. The rest of us are screwed.

HotRodriguez75

The logic. I make $250 on Saturdays, but Sunday through Friday I have to grind out 16 hours a day to make $150-$250.

$2000 per week on Uber ($1500 is more realistic) is not life changing money once you pay for gas, food while out, car washes, etc.

adrep1984

WOW!! I could fix my car up like new and make the payment for less then one month of rental fees..

250 a week plus gas is like 400 a week in costs. Which is like 1 million hours on the road.

SoberAntfromCT

It's better than standing on the side of the road selling flowers. I use he car to go everywhere and do everything. If I need more I can work more. I trade one day a week to have a legal car. It works for me. Maybe not for you. To each his own

Uberutioun

I am honestly dumbfounded why there are people that cant get a car in LA. Dealerships will give you a car with bad credit. There are guys that can sell you a beater for 4 grand if you want to do XL or X. Why are there prople spending between 500 to 800 a month for a rental and they do it for 6 months straight or a year. Auto loans are the eaisiest thing to get, almost anyone can get one. If yiu have no downpayment, bad credit and no income that may be the only scenario where you would be not accepted.

SoberAntfromCT

You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Maybe you are dumbfounded because you are not the brightest light in the shed. Some people sleep better at night knowing that they can drive worry and expense free. If it doesn't work for you. Great. It might work for someone else.