Hertz or Evercar or Enterprise for temp rental for Uber?

LBC Joe

Enterprise. Have had the car for 3 months, no return. Renew contract monthly. $235. Pep boys or Firestone for oil changes and they bill enterprise directly

KekeLo

Hyrecar.com

Best option for rentals that are Uber approved

Why would someone rent a 2001 car from one of those nuts on Hyrecar.com for $45 or $50 a day, when he/she could get a newer vehicle from Enterprise or some where else for the same price? Those people on that site need to stop.

la-driver1

Craiglist: find a used car under 4k and you wont pay rental fees while you ubering.
Renting cars you will spend almost 1000 bucks per month. Remember if you rent, car rentals are making money not you. Bussines are bussines

LBC Joe

It was in an email from uber vehicle solutions back in April. Had an expiration date of May 9, but I kept going and they keep reimbursing. Call enterprise in long beach and inquire as they have an uber desk there. Like every other promotion/incentive uber isn't really helpful in communicating

LBC Joe

And to clarify, you do put down a $250 refundable deposit and they charge you weekly from your earnings, then reimburse after you've met the goal of 75 core La trips with 88% acceptance rate

LGBNEWBIEDRIVER

I use EVERCAR and just got approved for Hyrecar. Here is the report on Evercar , the rate for the Nissan Leaf ( ELECTRIC VEHICLE ) is like 5.00 per hour and the Prius is 7.00 per hour. I use the Prius mostly because if your drive the Leaf you will get at most 115 miles per charge ON THE 2016 models and only about 84 miles on the 2015. Do your self a favor and ensure that you use the 2016 models . Each charge will take you about 30 minutes at a FAST CHARGE STATION but there are only a few in Los Angeles and some are closed at night so it can be a pain in the tail. The Prius is cool and they are new . The rate includes the insurance and fuel every car has a gas card so you can fill up when needed. Evercar will take about 2-3 weeks to get you activated and they invoice you and charge your debit or credit card every Thursday. You will get a statement or invoices for what you will be charged for the week. Ensure also that you INSPECT THE CARS BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OUT AS IF THERE ARE STAINS OR THE CAR IS RETURNED DIRTY AND ITS REPORTED THEY CHARGE A 15.00 cleaning fee. The miles are unlimited and each car also has phone mounts for your use and has the trade dress for both Lyft and Uber. Hyrecar rates depend on the vehicle and what the owner wants to rent them for. The minimum rental is 48 hours but ensure that you check the maximum allowed miles per day / week / month or you will be charged per mile and it can be expensive. On top of the rental fee a mandatory 10.00 per day insurance fee will be charged and they will also charge 29.99 for the background check with Checkr. Hyrecar support sucks big time. I had a problem and had to contact one of the owners to get a resolved and it was done immediately. I can save you some money on both services as I have a referral code for both. Let me know if you have any questions. Email: [email protected]

LGBNEWBIEDRIVER

One last thing , Evercar will not charge a deposit if you use a debit card however Hyrecar will hold 200.00 for the rental period if you use a debit card and is refundable when the car is returned. The rates for Hyrecar also do not include fuel and you have to ensure car is cleaned when returned.

LGBNEWBIEDRIVER

So, basically, Evercar sucks and its a rip off.
No , that is not what I am saying. If you drive for 8 hours using one of the Evercar Prius's then you pay 56.00 and that includes rental , insurance and fuel not bad and depending on your location and if your a medal you should make this back pretty quick. However driving 8+ hours it will start to get expensive. These days it is hard to determine what any driver will make on any given night as I have noticed so many new Uber drivers everywhere in Los Angeles so you have to set a limit on how many hours you drive versus the amount of money you may be making for that evening. If you rent the vehicle for 8 hours and turn it in after 6 hours you will only pay for 6 hours. I hope that this clarifies things.

PowerOn50

Been driving with the Enterprise rental since first week of June. Works for me as I drive full time. 250 deposit required. New Corolla and trust me I drive the **ck out of that car. Something I would never do with my own car.

UberLaLa

No , that is not what I am saying. If you drive for 8 hours using one of the Evercar Prius's then you pay 56.00 and that includes rental , insurance and fuel not bad and depending on your location and if your a medal you should make this back pretty quick. However driving 8+ hours it will start to get expensive. These days it is hard to determine what any driver will make on any given night as I have noticed so many new Uber drivers everywhere in Los Angeles so you have to set a limit on how many hours you drive versus the amount of money you may be making for that evening. If you rent the vehicle for 8 hours and turn it in after 6 hours you will only pay for 6 hours. I hope that this clarifies things.
I looked at Evercar's website...I might have missed these answers, but hope you might know and be willing to share?
  • Is there a place one can park their personal car for free when picking up the Evercar?
  • How does Uber handle the different car every couple of days - is there just an Icon that says "Evercar" and you select that if you are not using your personal car?
  • So, the clock starts ticking from time the Evercar is checked out, until it is returned? I would guess so...not just the time it is being driven?
  • The car has to be washed and cleaned each time before being returned? Even if it has only been out for 8 hours? Or, only if it got dirty during that time?
  • Any other positives/negatives you'd care to share?
Thanks!

LGBNEWBIEDRIVER

I looked at Evercar's website...I might have missed these answers, but hope you might know and be willing to share?
  • Is there a place one can park their personal car for free when picking up the Evercar?
  • How does Uber handle the different car every couple of days - is there just an Icon that says "Evercar" and you select that if you are not using your personal car?
  • So, the clock starts ticking from time the Evercar is checked out, until it is returned? I would guess so...not just the time it is being driven?
  • The car has to be washed and cleaned each time before being returned? Even if it has only been out for 8 hours? Or, only if it got dirty during that time?
  • Any other positives/negatives you'd care to share?
Thanks!
Hi there
Glad to help and answer your questions.
1. Yes Evercar allows parking for your vehicle at all the lots. The lots have lights and 24 /7 access .
2. How it works is once approved you will get the vehicle registration , insurance , inspection form and picture of the vehicle. Evercar will load them in your vehicle profile for UBER / LYFT but it takes some time so I recommended doing it your self. You will get the vehicle information for the lot you wish to rent from. So if you choose Inglewood you will get all the info for the cars at this lot which will include both the Prius and Nissan Leaf vehicles. They have lots in different cities choose the one closer to you and possibly select two just in case the car you wanted isnt available at your preferred lot.
3. Yes, the keys are in the glove box that has like to plug insert. Once you pull the keys from the plug the time starts. Also you will get a four digit code that will have to be sent in to unlock the vehicle at the beginning of each rental. Evercar can remotely lock and disable car from their main office location.
4. No the car does not have to be washed after you return it just left in the condition that it was in when you started the rental session. Ensure that you inspect the cars when you get the door unlocked and before driving. If they car is dirty , has stains on seats , etc call Evercar support and report it ASAP ... if you do not report it they will think you did it and charge a 15.00 cleaning fee. That happened to me once. For the most part , everyone keeps the cars clean and they do wash them I believe twice a week.

If your in need for a quick fix for a vehicle then this is your answer. Evercar support is available 24 /7 and they are helpful. The cars are 2015-2016 models and brand new. I hope that this answers your questions. Drive on !

KekeLo

It does. Thank you.:smiles: