Hertz Goes Down For the Count - Filing Bankruptcy

_Tron_

A New York Times article colors Hertz management as talking of emerging strong from the Corona virus one-two punch of rentals down and creditors going unpaid. Another story paints the used car market as bracing for what would be yet another down leg of used car prices when the Hertz fleet goes up for sale.

Anyone need a cheap Uber car in great conditions? One hitch. You need paying customers willing to use a rideshare vehicle.

tohunt4me

A New York Times article colors Hertz management as talking of emerging strong from the Corona virus one-two punch of rentals down and creditors going unpaid. Another story paints the used car market as bracing for what would be yet another down leg of used car prices when the Hertz fleet goes up for sale.

Anyone need a cheap Uber car in great conditions? One hitch. You need paying customers willing to use a rideshare vehicle.

They were saying it was the End for Hertz in 2008 !

I bought their Stock.

I cant see Hertz going under.
But
Things are Different from 2008.

I LIKE HERTZ.

Sometimes, i will rent a car from them for a Month.
Just to drive something different.

MiamiUberGuy5

I rent my car through the Uber/Hertz Rental program. I can’t find any information regarding the fate of this program. Someone on the Miami board mentioned that Hertz is ending its partnership with lyft called “express drive” at the end of April.

TheDevilisaParttimer

They were saying it was the End for Hertz in 2008 !

I bought their Stock.

I cant see Hertz going under.
But
Things are Different from 2008.

I LIKE HERTZ.

Sometimes, i will rent a car from them for a Month.
Just to drive something different.
I dont know about the end of Hertz but for the travel industry explicitly this is much worst than 2008.

I more feel for the employees. Hertz is going to seriously downsize and consolidate liabilities.

Lee239

Sucks, they should have stayed in NJ now they are losing 10s of thousands of jobs from SW Florida. Plus all the incentive money they got from state or local when they moved is thrown away.

I wonder what the Hertz Arena will become. Good thing they didn't paint it school bus yellow like they wanted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hertz_Arena

Disgusted Driver

I rent my car through the Uber/Hertz Rental program. I can’t find any information regarding the fate of this program. Someone on the Miami board mentioned that Hertz is ending its partnership with lyft called “express drive” at the end of April.
Hmm, if they all for the car back, take your sweet time responding until they legally notify you. Might be able to get a free car for a while like a few others who dropped through the cracks.

Jo3030