Hertz files for bankruptcy as Rental-Car demand vanishes !

mikees3

Cars are up for sale! Have at it ants
those prices suck 🤮 compared to what abuse a rental goes through, I was expecting better

here is some real savings $41k off

Yam Digger

Where are your loyalties, Speedy? Are you a Canadian? Do you have Chinese citizenship? Are you a member of the Chinese Communist party?
@Speedy_Gonzales has an autographed picture of Xi Jinping on the bedside table. He kisses it every night before turning off the lights. His wife is jealous.
Cars are up for sale! Have at it ants
(yawn)
those prices suck 🤮 compared to what abuse a rental goes through, I was expecting better
It’s a given that these cars are abused. No way I’m going to pay those prices for an ex-rental.

Gone_in_60_seconds

here is some real savings $41k off

Rental cars are the worst, because the rental customer treats the car like crap. I've gunned the engine on lots of rentals, but would never do that do my own car. And, the rental companies do their own maintenance and accident repairs. So, you will never know if the car has been in an accident. For those above reasons, I would never buy one.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Rental cars are the worst, because the rental customer treats the car like crap. I've gunned the engine on lots of rentals, but would never do that do my own car. And, the rental companies do their own maintenance and accident repairs. So, you will never know if the car has been in an accident. For those above reasons, I would never buy one.
I have owned 2 post-rental cars and they've both been excellent.
I think you might be putting too much emphasis on surface things like paint and interior, and not as much on regular maintenence, which rental car companies are doing on schedule, rather than private owners, that might be more inconsistent. I've had nothing but luck with off-rental and off-lease vehciles.

Gone_in_60_seconds

I have owned 2 post-rental cars and they've both been excellent.
I think you might be putting too much emphasis on surface things like paint and interior, and not as much on regular maintenence, which rental car companies are doing on schedule, rather than private owners, that might be more inconsistent. I've had nothing but luck with off-rental and off-lease vehciles.
Which cars did you buy that were post-rental?

dmoney155

Not to mention rentals tend to be in constant motion. Good for engines to be constantly lubricated and not sitting in someones garage rusting.

MUGATS

The idea that rentals are mechanically beaten down is off point.

People are more careful with rental then there own damn cars because they don’t want to be dinged fees.

Not to mention that most people have insurance on their CC and nobody knows exactly what that covers, so they’re extremely cautious.

mikees3

The idea that rentals are mechanically beaten down is off point.

People are more careful with rental then there own damn cars because they don’t want to be dinged fees.
I had a minivan rental and every red light I would literally spin the tires, I red lined the engine at every opportunity and everyone would be so confused cuz I was soccer mom 😂

I had it for 3 days and when I was being the car back you could feel the shaking when braking..I wrapped the rotors in 3 days of race car driving