1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Here's the difference between a high and low rating

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by DB2448, Sep 13, 2015.

1. DB2448

DB2448

So I got to use Uber when my car went to the shop this past week. Here's what and why I rated both drivers what I did.

First ride: Five stars. The car was clean, the driver friendly, and seemed to know where she was going. The car was a newer model Fusion.

Second ride: I probably should have done three stars, but I really just wanted my own car back and wasn't thinking.

I rated this one four stars and here's why: His car was a mess, and the front carpet seemed like someone had just had a trip from the Sierra Nevada Mountains and left bark and woodchips in his car.

He also went ten under the speed limit in the FAST lane, and made me think he would miss my exit. No turning signals used. There was also confusion because his car was a two door and not a four door as required by UberX (deceit on the driver's part?) This car was an older model Chevy Sonic.

If I had been in a bad mood that day and given it more thought, I would have given him three stars.

Here's what you can do for a higher rating:

Dress nice.

Work the morning and mid afternoon hours before the drunks come out (have yet to work up the courage to transport these Paxs) and I probably never will.

Make sure the car is clean. It doesn't have to sparkle, but at least get rid of any crumbs and or dirt in your vehicle so it doesn't look like a henhouse or where you live. Buy an unlimited car wash pass. Mine is $15 a month.

And get to know the area where you will be picking up Paxs in. Even if you're nervous, it might do you well to practice driving in the area where you will be hanging out.

Get to know your riders. If you see a rider that's requested a short trip before, and has pinned again, ignore him.

2. mystysue

mystysue

Driving:
    UberX
    I have ridden quite a bit as a uber rider, the only time I ever rated a driver less than 5 stars was one that i pray is no longer driving.
    Her driving abilities scared me to death, seriously it was bad enough I wondered how she ever got a license..

3. Backdash

Backdash

Glad you have the rating thing all figured out

4. William1964

William1964

you had me right up to the last paragraph 3 stars.

5. DB2448

DB2448

With the rider that's a short trip, I meant ignore if he/she is the rude type and makes you wait.

Ayad likes this.
  6. elelegido

elelegido

I can't go through a car wash; I am too nervous/scared. The roller might break through the windshield and the brush's little nylon strands might whip me in the face as it rotates.

Scenicruiser likes this.
  7. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    I just close my eyes and huddle down into the seat until they bang on the window to tell me to drive forward at the end.

Scenicruiser likes this.
  8. comradev

comradev

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    If you all are afraid of car washes you can always hand wash your car yourself?

9. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    Dress nice?? WTF does that even mean? Are we going on a date? Do you know how much i make?.... i cant afford to shop at Banana Republic!!

I shop at Costco and Old Navy; buy 2 get 5 free t-shirts. I take two showers every day, clean shaved and neat short hair cut(thank you Uncle Sam).

Whats next? I should conform to your standards that tingle your clit, shave my legs and suck on Prozac protein??

:rolleyes:

SECOTIME likes this.