• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Here's my numbers after doing UberX & Lyft. Which one will you prefer doing, if you were me?

gietno

Hello all,

I'm in San Francisco area and I drive 2014 Volkswagen Jetta for this ridesharing job.

After doing Lyft for a week, I decided to compare the numbers with my UberX earnings from a week before that.
Please let me know which one you guys prefer to do (based on my numbers)?
Remember, this is pure your personal opinion only, what will you drive if you were me & what is your reasons, no need to start pissing match between Uber & Lyft, just an input for me. Thank you!

UberX
Online hours: 44hr, 12min
97 Trips
511.87 miles
$1,070.00 (This is my earning, net to me after Uber 25% commision)
Gas: 4X to fill up the gas (Full tank)
4.93 lifetime ratings, 2855 completed trips.

Lyft
Online hours: 53hr, 19min
146 Trips
349.50 miles
$1,060.54 ($1,017.54 after Lyft 20% commision, plus $43 tips)
This week I qualified for the 20% Power Drive Bonus (I don't know the exact numbers yet, but it should be around $200 I assume?)
4.95 lifetime ratings, 146 completed trips.

Notes:
-Less mileage driven on Lyft. Uber trips tend to be more long rides going outside the city, compared to Lyft rides that 97% just local (I got only 3 long trips from 146 trips for the whole week: 1 to SFO Airport, 1 to Berkeley, & 1 to Burlingame. The other 143 trips were in the city).
-Less online hours with UberX.
-Less number of trips with UberX.

Last edited:

painfreepc

Hello all,

I'm in San Francisco area and I drive 2014 Volkswagen Jetta for this ridesharing job.

After doing Lyft for a week, I decided to compare the numbers with my UberX earnings from a week before that.
Please let me know which one you guys prefer to do (based on my numbers)?
Remember, this is pure your personal opinion only, what will you drive if you were me & what is your reasons, no need to start pissing match between Uber & Lyft, just an input for me. Thank you!

UberX
Online hours: 44hr, 12min
97 Trips
511.87 miles
$1,070.00 (This is my earning, net to me after Uber 25% commision)
4.93 lifetime ratings, 2855 completed trips.

Lyft
Online hours: 53hr, 19min
146 Trips
349.50 miles
$1,060.54 ($1,017.54 after Lyft 20% commision, plus $43 tips)
This week I qualified for the 20% Power Drive Bonus (I don't know the exact numbers yet, but it should be around $200 I assume?)
4.95 lifetime ratings, 146 completed trips.

Notes:
-Less mileage driven on Lyft. Uber trips tend to be more long rides going outside the city, compared to Lyft rides that 97% just local (I got only 3 long trips from 146 trips for the whole week: 1 to SFO Airport, 1 to Berkeley, & 1 to Burlingame. The other 143 trips were in the city).
-Less online hours with UberX.
-Less number of trips with UberX.
You need more than one week of uber and one week of lyft pick-ups to do a real comparison,

your income in taxi, limo and tnc very day to day and week to week.

painfreepc

Hmm, is that going to show a big diff.?
You said you have 2855 completed trips on uber,
is your uber pay statement the same week to week?

(you and i have close to the same amount of completed trips on uber, i'm at 2830)

JMBF831

Lyft looks to be better, if I'm not mistaken? Same amount of money but far less miles, although, as most have mentioned, you should use a bigger sample size with Lyft before you decide one way or another. At least another 200 trips. You will likely get a better idea around the 500 trip mark as opposed to 146.

I noticed that hourly you are making more with Uber, but the less driving would be a perk for me (Lyft).

gietno

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The earnings usually more or less the same on UberX.
Yes, Lyft seems did better mileage so far, but I feel like driving for Uber slightly better overall because some of the long trips that I got really speed up my earnings, vs with short rides from Lyft I really have to put many hours to reach the $1,000/week goal.

JMBF831

But you're driving 160 more miles a week with Uber, that amounts to 500+ more miles a month. So in essence you are spending a bit more on gas, and wear and tear, too. What about doing both? Do you have two phones?

gietno

I was thinking about doing both too but kind of on the fence because I have only 1 iPhone & handling 2 apps while driving could be distractive & may result in an accident.

painfreepc

I was thinking about doing both too but kind of on the fence because I have only 1 iPhone & handling 2 apps while driving could be distractive & may result in an accident.
whats the problem, you accept the trip one (same as you are doing now) and click offline on the other phone,

And do tell us, why do you need two phones, you can run (i have) uber/lyft/sidecar on the same device.

i do use a 2nd device to run Google Voice via the Hangout App, it lets you use a GV Number without a Cell Number, and i use the 2nd device to run spotify..

Last edited:

gietno

I was answering the question about having two phones.
Yes you are right, we can run it in one phone, but sometimes we got requests while the car is moving & can be dangerous in some situation because donwon SF is pretty hectic during rush hours & we need to be sharp & extra careful.