Uber Drivers Forum banner

Heres good question about congestion pricing on private cars...

1K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  LiveNLearn 
#1 ·
What do you guys think happens to our "pay per ride" or "per day" (when congestion pricing on private cars goes into effect and massively reduces traffic.

We get paid more by minute now , but with less traffic in a couple years , we're gona have to do more rides to make the sameper day , idk looks like Uber wins again!

Might be the reason uber didnt really fight the new minute rate so hard , cuz they got us in the end game.

#uberownsNYC

#2 ·
What do you guys think happens to our "pay per ride" or "per day" (when congestion pricing on private cars goes into effect and massively reduces traffic.

We get paid more by minute now , but with less traffic in a couple years , we're gona have to do more rides to make the sameper day , idk looks like Uber wins again!

Might be the reason uber didnt really fight the new minute rate so hard , cuz they got us in the end game.

#uberownsNYC
I doubt congestion will be massively reduced

#4 ·

#uberownsNYC
There was a whole discussion about this with the new rates it never matters anymore. We get more per trip no matter if there's more or less traffic that doesn't change anything.

#16 · (Edited)
So your sayin you make the same on a ride that 30mins and 2 miles longs and a ride thats 20mins and 2 miles long??

The city deliberately messed up traffic with their bus lane, bike lanes, controling the traffic lights and pedestrian plazas
Good point.

The very next day after congestion pricing goes into effect we will be flying up and down empty avenues.

Don't tell me you are really that naive, not pretending.

LMAO
Maybe "massive change" was the wrong term. It doesnt have to be an extreme change.

If all 30min rides became lets say 23min rides , that wouldnt make a difference?? Lets say over a year.

Remember this is a nickel and dime industry ....any fluctuations no matter how small the percentage to our "ACTUAL" overall net income , effects drivers in a major ways.

#6 ·

People will start using mas transit the city lose instantly on gas tax on bridge tools on parking lots tax on city traffic tikets this it's gone happen now I see people get back to yellow cab on Juno app the surge disappeared and I didn't take any ride
#uberowns

#7 ·
Who ever thinks that congestion pricing was and is gonna aleave traffic they need to sit down if you think this state cares about people stuck in traffic your crazy just look at New York as pablo Escobar and we are the addicts what ever way they can make money out of us that is the rule think about it they been fixing the trains since before i can walk this was 29 years ago and maybe years before that now all of a sudden they need to charge for traffic to fix the mta things that will never be solved in NYC NYCHA,mta,homelessne,prescription pill addiction,potholes,excessive ticketing and the list goes on imagine it starts in 2021 give it to 2024 and then there gonna come with the we need to raise congestion pricing because the MTA needs more money same story different year I dont ride the train but people are naive if they think this is about fixing anything

#20 ·
Diblasio legit says he wants to "break car culture". Communists dont want you to be able to move freely, they want to control your food your means of transport and your paycheck. Every Dem pushes vegan diet, getting rid of cars and higher taxes and it's not a coincidence. They want to erase your religion and identity too, they literally want everyone to be slaves to the park slope an les codys and tiffanys

#24 ·
ur missing the point. Ur worried about the one ride. remember when the trip is finished you still have to get the next ride ama right? You're getting paid per minute and mile with any customer. Don't tell me you're like the guys that drive dumb slow thinking they're making soooo much more money. Im more concerned with getting my next ping than milking a trip. If I finish a ride after 20 min I'm on to the next trip. If you did only 1 ride per day I'm sure what you said makes more sense obviously. Hope you see what I mean.

It's like saying "heyy don't I make more money if I work longer hours??? " " umm yah obviously.
Worried is a strong word for what I am. Lol...

Yea I get you. But I prefer to do less rides then running around doing 7 dollar rides all day. Dont tell me your the kind of driver that peels out for every PAX like a bat outta hell flying down the FDR. I drive at safe speed its not about milking a ride for time.

What I'm saying is at .50cent a minute traffic adds 4 or 5 dollars or more to every single trip. On top of that if traffic running smoother there would be less demand because less drivers would be busy. Not to mention your making more per mile when there traffic.

But if want you traffic to open up so you can do more rides and make the same money or less than thats kool just makes no sense.

#25 ·
Nah I got you bro. Everything you said is facts. At the end of the day nonone can ever speed around here. It's obviously not worth it. Matter fact tlc pulled me over 1 month ago was my first time and lucky I never got a ticket. Speeding wastes gas anyway. I'm all about safety btw. When pedestrians cross I wait even if they're 10ft from the curb lol.

#30 ·
ur missing the point. Ur worried about the one ride. remember when the trip is finished you still have to get the next ride ama right? You're getting paid per minute and mile with any customer. Don't tell me you're like the guys that drive dumb slow thinking they're making soooo much more money. Im more concerned with getting my next ping than milking a trip. If I finish a ride after 20 min I'm on to the next trip. If you did only 1 ride per day I'm sure what you said makes more sense obviously. Hope you see what I mean.

It's like saying "heyy don't I make more money if I work longer hours??? " " umm yah obviously.
As driver get no more ping in special black and suv are getting 3/4 trips a day in last 3 month they decide to drive slowly and take the route where are traffic jam actually don't even worth to be on the street for app company with luxury vehicle today from 7 to 10 I got only one ride with black then I went out no more app company for today yesterday on Uber nothing

#34 ·
Yes but it is more then enough to raise their income .... to me look unfair to charge independent Traveller to raise found for mas Traveller they was supposed to raise to whom use mas transit increasing 5$ to metro card and 25 cents to individual card then pro be problem fixet

#32 ·

#uberownsNYC
It starts in 2021 who cares right now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.