• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Here's a 1st!

BigBadJohn

Roll up to a Rite Aid parking lot. 3 female riders 1 clearly needs a car seat. I tell the middle one, who is the only one that can speak in English, that the bambino must have a car seat to ride. No car seat, no ride. That's the law in the US. So without waiting for the timer to tick down to the 5 minute torture waiting period, I cancelled the ride for "no child seat" violation.

Surprise! I Instantly received my $3.75 cancellation fee without having to wait the standard 5 minutes. Is this now the new standard? Instant pay for valid cancellations? Nice!!

Taxi2Uber

Roll up to a Rite Aid parking lot. 3 female riders 1 clearly needs a car seat. I tell the middle one, who is the only one that can speak in English, that the bambino must have a car seat to ride. No car seat, no ride. That's the law in the US. So without waiting for the timer to tick down to the 5 minute torture waiting period, I cancelled the ride for "no child seat" violation.

Surprise! I Instantly received my $3.75 cancellation fee without having to wait the standard 5 minutes. Is this now the new standard? Instant pay for valid cancellations? Nice!!
I had one awhile back.
I cancelled "no car seat" before timer expired.
It was busy and I knew I'd get another ping instantly.
Magically the $3.75 showed up.
The only thing I can think of, is that the rider had a history of other "no car seat" reports on their account.
That's why I tell drivers to cancel accurately, using the correct reason, not just "rider didn't show up".
I've had others though, where I cancelled "no car seat" early and had to fight with support for cancel fee.
So I don't think it's automatic.

SFOspeedracer

That would be nice if true. I just hope this doesn't get abused the way the $150 vomit clean-up charge was abused.
It will ... won’t take long
Post automatically merged:

someone has to ruin it, just standard business practice