Here comes Virgin Magic Midnight Express

Bob Reynolds

A train is a unique experience and there is no question that train service out of MCO would be used by thousands of travelers every day. However it's not going to replace buses, cars, ride-share, etc. It will be an addition that some folks will use.

A good example of an additional service is the Free Disney Transportation services within Disney World. (Also known as the buses). If you get on one of these buses you will spend 45 minutes to 1 hour on the bus each way. This takes time away from the parks and the visitors quickly figure this out. My experience is that many visitors will do this one time. Then they will take a taxi, ride-share, Mini Van, or Mears black/white car.

The buses will still run because there are always some people on a tight budget. But if you look at losing almost two hours of your theme park experience you will figure out that at $174 a day for a park ticket, that it might be cheaper to not take the bus and "lose" $28 worth of ticket value (for each person in your party) that you can not experience.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Will people REALLY want to take the PUBLIC train with a pile of suitcases thou?

I mean... If it ends up being the same clientele as Lynx let me tell you...

WOW...

I kinda see Disney not dropping the Magic express contract even if that train comes into existence.

Buckiemohawk

I dont know why anyone is invested in a train. They cost way too much money to run and second of all as Californian found out waste they are basically a boondoggle. I know MCO wants to do it but they are not to bright thinking when it comes to trains
Post automatically merged:

Blatherskite

Virgin bought Brightline, the company that was building the high speed rail between O-town and Miami. Virgin will be starting their own cruise-line embarking from the port of Miami. They will use their high speed rail service to get voyagers from the Mouse house to their boats. Here's hoping Sir Richard plants his colossal, Godzilla-sized foot alongside Mickey's yellow shoe-prints. Place could use some classing-up.

Last edited:

Bob Reynolds

Virgin bought Brightline, the company that was building the high speed rail between O-town and Miami. Virgin will be starting their own cruise-line embarking from the port of Miami. They will use their high speed rail service to get voyagers from the Mouse house to their boats. Here's hoping Sir Richard plants his colossal, Godzilla-sized foot alongside Mickey's yellow shoe-prints. Place could use some classing-up.
The mouse ain't going nowhere. There used to be a Virgin records at Downtown Disney. The mouse is still there. Virgin isn't.

Blatherskite

The mouse ain't going nowhere. There used to be a Virgin records at Downtown Disney. The mouse is still there. Virgin isn't.
Eh, the mouse going somewhere? Actually, Mickey is quite thrilled about the arrangement. This will open a corridor for quick access to the port of Miami. He could park his ships in a civilized country and free up some of Canaveral's docks for tumbleweed development.

Demon

I dont know why anyone is invested in a train. They cost way too much money to run and second of all as Californian found out waste they are basically a boondoggle. I know MCO wants to do it but they are not to bright thinking when it comes to trains
Post automatically merged:
Trains are actually much better financially than the other options and would be a good idea at MCO.