• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Here’s a new one: apparently you can tip on a cancelled ride

Uberisfuninlv

Picked up a guy who’s here for world of concrete. He was at CES a few weeks ago said he ordered a ride and he was at harrahs but app had him at Venetian. Took the guy forever to get there because of traffic but he decided to take a cab instead so he (the passenger) cancelled the ride and said he was able to tip him after because he felt bad it took the driver to the wrong location.

Anyone tried this or seen the option to tip as a rider when you cancel a ride?

uberxone vegas

Did he tip you? I never received a tip but I had called few riders where they would tell me they are in the cab so i cancelled the trips and moved on. I got another one where the guy requested for a ride and then used his wife phone and requested another driver then got into anther car and took off when i called he started laughing at me .. I did get the cancellation fee.

Uberisfuninlv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are right. He told me when he cancelled he was prompted to tip and rate. If they cancel they can rate you and tip you apparently is true. So just don’t piss anyone off. Let time run out and cancel yourself, you get paid and not rated. Safer that way!

LVC

I got another one where the guy requested for a ride and then used his wife phone and requested another driver then got into anther car and took off when i called he started laughing at me .. I did get the cancellation fee.
I had one do that to me also. Either he used his phone and another to order 2 rides or he used his phone to order an Uber and a Lyft. Either way I showed up at the address just as another Uber/Lyft arrived in front of me, the dude got in that car and as I’m sitting in front of his house he cancels me, I did get the canx fee though.

Apparently he ordered one of each and the first one to arrive is the one he takes and cancels the other one. Good thing I got the Lyft request so I got $5.00 instead of $3.75. I hope he enjoys paying the extra $5.15 for the cancellation just to get the first car that arrives.

goneubering

I had one do that to me also. Either he used his phone and another to order 2 rides or he used his phone to order an Uber and a Lyft. Either way I showed up at the address just as another Uber/Lyft arrived in front of me, the dude got in that car and as I’m sitting in front of his house he cancels me, I did get the canx fee though.

Apparently he ordered one of each and the first one to arrive is the one he takes and cancels the other one. Good thing I got the Lyft request so I got $5.00 instead of $3.75. I hope he enjoys paying the extra $5.15 for the cancellation just to get the first car that arrives.
I’ve had riders who admitted they requested an Uber and a Lyft.