• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hemet Uber drivers

jetboatjohnny

Are you a Hemet driver or rider? Post here, I hear about you from my regulars. Last night I got my first local surge fare and it was not lit up.

jetboatjohnny

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hemet surged last night? Rancho Cucamonga surged at 1.3x this morning around 4:30-ish. Friday was really slow for me and last night we have weird surges. Very odd weekend.
Strange thing is the map did not show any color anywhere. It was a short ride but the surge covered the Uber fee, add the $2.45 srf to the fare and it was $9.66 I got one long ride last night to Ontario $74 and then to Corona at 1am, no surges, some yellow.
Screenshot_2015-10-11-15-02-39.png

Last edited:

jetboatjohnny

How is business in the Hemet area?
I do OK. I usually make at least 400 Dollars a week just hanging here. This week I did not get online until 3 p.m. Friday and in 3 days here is my earnings. My gross pay was $584.91 so with the new srf Uber got over 29% I got 4 long rides that account for half of that, trips to Ontario, Long Beach, Corona and Riverside. + busy Sun night in OC coming back from LB.
IMG_20151012_040334.jpg

Last edited:

jetboatjohnny

I got another one yesterday to Lake Forest around 10pm, got 7 more non-stop rides after that, left Orange at 2am for home. Five hours total driving made $130 net, $11 fuel.

Turbo

I wonder if anyone gets fares to Idyllwild. Coming from there might be a challenge; there are places there with no cell service.

jetboatjohnny

Even in the foothills there are pockets all along the mountains where cell service is non-existent and/or iffy at best (I live in one). If you're using the app's navigation it will simply stop talking to you in those areas (that may be an iPhone only thing) and completing a trip without encountering a network error can be problematic.

I'd love to hear from any folks who routinely drive the Southern California mountain areas on how they deal with this issue.
I have driven to Big Bear and Idyllwild on multiple occasions and never had a problem. Getting a ride from those locations could be a problem as there are never any drivers up there.

UberAccent

Are you a Hemet driver or rider? Post here, I hear about you from my regulars. Last night I got my first local surge fare and it was not lit up.
I've driven in Hemet and San Jacinto a few times. There are very few drivers there. However, there are also very few riders. Didn't make very much money there. I have since found better fishing holes.

jetboatjohnny

I got a short ride there w/$4 tip, got off freeway in San Fernando and Redlands w/CNG fuels stops with no pings, also from Beaumont to home online. Got a $19 r/t since back around 9. Been slow at night here lately.

hello my fellow hemet uber drivers. ive been ubering to san diego for 6+ months and im sick of the drive, so ive been drumming uber business here in hemet (promo codes at the bars and other places) also posting flyers in the areas where taxis are called to on a regular basis (ex-taxi driver here) so i know where the customers are. i started a facebook page for hemet uber. i invite you guys to stop by and post your hours of operation and your promo code. this page is a good way drivers can get more pings, if you have any ideas how we can improve the page please let me know.

p.s word of caution, dont refer too many drivers. we dont want to drive with 50 other uber drivers like san diego.

p.s.s death to yellow cab!!!!

UberAccent

View attachment 16286
Got my longest ride ever today to Moorpark.
Wow, that's nice! I haven't had that long of a ride yet. I worked Menifee last night for 2 1/2 hours. I also worked Paris. All I got were two things from left and they both canceled. I got nothing from Huber. I'm never going to work Menifee in Paris again. That's three times and three strikes and now they're out! I'm going back to my old fishing holes. Ha! Ha! Ha!

jetboatjohnny

My long ride his still not shown up on my earnings and I also have not got an email that I got paid this morning. I sent an email through the app to them and here's what they sent me back:
Viola (Uber)

Oct 22, 12:00

Hi John,

I completely understand the frustration around not seeing this trip in your statement, especially given the significant fare.

Because it was a large fare, our team has to give it special approval before it can be processed. I apologize for the delay but want to assure you that it will be on your statement next week.

In the case it’s not, please let me know and I will immediately look into it for you.

Viola
help.uber.com

jetboatjohnny

Wow, that's nice! I haven't had that long of a ride yet. I worked Menifee last night for 2 1/2 hours. I also worked Paris. All I got were two things from left and they both canceled. I got nothing from Huber. I'm never going to work Menifee in Paris again. That's three times and three strikes and now they're out! I'm going back to my old fishing holes. Ha! Ha! Ha!
I picked up a kid from Heritage High in Menifee once and in Perris I took a guy from New Jersey to LAX. I don't have much luck in those two towns.

jetboatjohnny

Wow, that's completely unacceptable of Uber to essentially hold your pay like that.

I haven't been getting the emails saying I've been paid for the last 3 weeks. Not since they switched from Rasier to Uber Tech. But I have been getting paid. You should just check your bank account and see if it's there.
I did check my bank account and the payment is pending. The trip still has not shown up. Got a run to Rialto today and got only one short ride on the way back in Redlands.

jetboatjohnny

That's the neck of the IE woods I'm working at night. And yep, that level of non-demand is typical around here. Honestly there should be more demand around here, but there just isn't.
There was something going on there with the streets blocked off, if it was much later I would have hung out.

jetboatjohnny

Got another long one yesterday, then killed in in OC 16 rides cleared almost $300. Got 2 more around $50 and 8 surge fares.
IMG_20151025_133920.jpg
IMG_20151025_134016.jpg

Last edited:

jetboatjohnny

Had 10 rides today all local $85 and $51 for me after uber's $2.45 srf and 20% cut. Still no sign of my money from trip to Moorpark. Do they think I will forget about a $208.35 fare?