HELP!!

DallyDee

so I just signed up for uber to help support my pregnant girlfriend but I have no clue where to start and where to be during what days. I sometimes what around the city for hours before getting a request. Can anyone please let me know some good places to be during the week and what times are good to uber I really need the help. Thanks guys.

willyqpublic

Well, unfortunately for you (and all of us, really), there isn't a whole lot going on with uber right now. In the upcoming weeks, as college gets back in session, you can expect demand to rise by Tulane and Loyola campuses. Most of the times you can make any money right now is late at night in the FQ or during the larger festivals. There hasn't been any significant surge in months, and it seems that with the oversaturated driver market, that's going to continue to be the case. Typically, between 4 pm and 10pm on weekdays, and 4pm to 4 am on weekends are the times when you'll make the most money, and stay in areas that get a lot of foot traffic like the French Quarter, Frenchman street, or the convention center when there is a large convention. Good luck, dude.

Cocobird

so I just signed up for uber to help support my pregnant girlfriend but I have no clue where to start and where to be during what days. I sometimes what around the city for hours before getting a request. Can anyone please let me know some good places to be during the week and what times are good to uber I really need the help. Thanks guys.

You should read around the forum. NOLA used to be good no matter where you were, now it's just over saturated with drivers.

Cocobird

Its not really "free money", more like a loan that we will all pay back sooner or later. You don't really believe they are giving it to you because they care, do you?

Dontmakemepullauonyou

You needed help long ago, with your pull out game.

Cocobird

Well, I know the U.S. government (or any government) doesn't give a damn about it's citizens or resident aliens, or even the illegal aliens residing here. I also know it's not a loan because I have received welfare benefits in my lifetime and I've never had to pay them back. Why do you say it's a loan?
Because eventually it will run out and the government is going to be taking from all of us. Its the national debt and when the interest on the debt exceeds what our government brings in, its done. Look at what happened to Greece or Venezuela

Cocobird

Rotflmao. That's funny. Its never going to happen. edited here for correction

I don't defend uber here, I agree they don't give a damn, but who gets hurt the most if government runs out of money? And why do you think they will never run out of money?

Cocobird

Right, it hasn't, but never before have we had two consecutive presidents double the national debt during their presidencies.

Interest on the national debt is the fastest growing area of government expenditures.

And understand that I'm not just talking about welfare but everybody who is sticking their hands into government pockets, some services are needed, yes, but the uncontrolled spending on things that are not needed puts services that are needed at risk.

Cocobird

T
Ok, I posted my response before seeing your second response. United States of America will never run out of money because WE are the world! Everyone wants to be like us. You have never seen a decade or whatever where Americans started acting like some other country. Every one on the Earth wants to be like us. We will never go broke!
That's not true. Every dollar printed has to be backed by something. Its what gives our money value. That's why there is interest paid on our debt. We borrow from foreign governments, we issue bonds. Eventually the federal government will not be able to pay all those entities back and they will no longer back our dollar. When that happens, our dollar will no longer hold value and inflation will go through the roof.

hokie442

The "national debt" is a farce. The presidents are only faces/name plates. I don't want to sound political but when Hillary wins in a few months she will also be a face/name plate. Incidentally, I refuse to participate in corrupt government elections therefore I have no egalitarian position. But the fact of the matter is that as long as we have to work multiple jobs in order to provide necessities for our family we should all take advantage of every assistance available to us. So apply for your food stamps, medicaid, child care assistance, wic, etc. Don't bother with section 8 because they haven't had openings since Katrina fonky ass destroyed us. Unless you were desperate enough to take your babies to a homeless shelter for 90 days.

Hope and Change!!

tohunt4me

At home.

Cocobird

The "national debt" is a farce. The presidents are only faces/name plates. I don't want to sound political but when Hillary wins in a few months she will also be a face/name plate. Incidentally, I refuse to participate in corrupt government elections therefore I have no egalitarian position. But the fact of the matter is that as long as we have to work multiple jobs in order to provide necessities for our family we should all take advantage of every assistance available to us. So apply for your food stamps, medicaid, child care assistance, wic, etc. Don't bother with section 8 because they haven't had openings since Katrina fonky ass destroyed us. Unless you were desperate enough to take your babies to a homeless shelter for 90 days.
Actually its not. The world trades with everybody, but if we don't pay people they won't trade with us. Cuba ran up their bill and wouldn't pay anybody back.

tohunt4me

T

That's not true. Every dollar printed has to be backed by something. Its what gives our money value. That's why there is interest paid on our debt. We borrow from foreign governments, we issue bonds. Eventually the federal government will not be able to pay all those entities back and they will no longer back our dollar. When that happens, our dollar will no longer hold value and inflation will go through the roof.
The " FEDERAL RESERVE" IS NOT THE " FEDERAL GOVT."

THE Dollar is backed by your future taxes .

They already KNOW how many people they must import to pay debt.

tohunt4me

Ok, I posted my response before seeing your second response. United States of America will never run out of money because WE are the world! Everyone wants to be like us. You have never seen a decade or whatever where Americans started acting like some other country. Every one on the Earth wants to be like us. We will never go broke!
Every govt. Tells their people the World is Jealous.