• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Help!

TBHudson

Hey Everybody!

I'm new to Myrtle Beach - from Baltimore. I'm sure you're all excited to have yet another driver in town and no, I'm not a retired person. I drive both uber and lyft and I'm crafting a letter to both companies explaining the disaster that was this past weekend and making suggestions on how to improve and inform both drivers and passengers better so we don't have this problem again - provided the idiotic loop is going to continue every year. I'm looking for any thoughts and suggestions you all may have to include. Thanks!

KellyC

Hey Everybody!

I'm new to Myrtle Beach - from Baltimore. I'm sure you're all excited to have yet another driver in town and no, I'm not a retired person. I drive both uber and lyft and I'm crafting a letter to both companies explaining the disaster that was this past weekend and making suggestions on how to improve and inform both drivers and passengers better so we don't have this problem again - provided the idiotic loop is going to continue every year. I'm looking for any thoughts and suggestions you all may have to include. Thanks!
Ha, good luck! :smiles:

I was getting pings that said the pickup was 5 minutes away, which would be accurate on a normal day, but it would take much longer to get there due to the barricades EVERYWHERE. I took to just calling every pax in MB as soon as I accepted a ping & explaining to them that the app's estimated arrival time was off & it would take me longer to get to them. People were cool with it bc they could see the barricades.

I had to cancel several rides when I realized I couldn't get to them w/in a remotely reasonable time. I called & apologized to the pax & they were all understanding. When I did pick people up, they were so grateful!

Driving this weekend felt more like a charitable endeavor than a money-maker, lol. All of my MB pax this weekend were nice, friendly, decent people & I felt so bad that the city was putting up such a hostile front.

Anyway, as to your question, if the city does this crap again next year, Uber/Lyft ought to at least notify pax that wait times for pickups might be longer than normal due to the traffic loop/barriers.

TBHudson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Kelly! That's exactly the main point of my email. People just had no idea what we had to go through to get them. I'm certain that's because Lyft and Uber had no idea about the barricades. Meanwhile we're getting whacked for canceling rides when we were mostly doing the PAX a favor. I was also shocked at how many airport people I picked up that had no idea it was bike week. I heard many times " I can't wait to get to my hotel and relax" All I could think of was, good luck with that.

KellyC

Thanks Kelly! That's exactly the main point of my email. People just had no idea what we had to go through to get them. I'm certain that's because Lyft and Uber had no idea about the barricades. Meanwhile we're getting whacked for canceling rides when we were mostly doing the PAX a favor. I was also shocked at how many airport people I picked up that had no idea it was bike week. I heard many times " I can't wait to get to my hotel and relax" All I could think of was, good luck with that.
I picked up a family going to dinner on Sunday evening (had to take them many blocks out of the way, of course) & the dad told me that due to the roadblocks they had to walk for blocks with luggage & 2 little kids to get to their hotel.

Despite all of the hassle, *all* of my Myrtle Beach pax this weekend were terrific; they were unhappy about the roadblocks but were super nice to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
epenn92 Advice 6
Coleman318 Advice 5
J Bloomington, IN 0