banjokazooie

Hey all :-)

I'm guessing nobody will be able to help me but getting desperate! Got myself an Ebike thinking to join UberEats. Easy I thought. I was very wrong. This is so frustrating!!! I cannot sign up.

I've been trying to sign up with UberEats since the 9th of July!! I was wondering if you fine folks might have any ideas? I have two problems. I get an email saying "2 documents missing please upload missing documents"

The first problem is my passport. It gets rejected or at least I get an email saying "documents are missing please upload to continue registration" so I assume it's getting rejected??? I must have tried about 12 times now. I have tried and tried and tried all kinds of permutations but still, two days after uploading a photo I get the same email. The last photo of my passport I used was the same one I used twice when I needed to prove my ID for background checks so why is UberEats still not accepting the upload since this makes me pretty certain the photo is fine. Since the other systems passed it surely there isn't anything wrong with it? I'm including a photo of my passport with sensitive info blacked out, obviously in case you guys have some ideas.

I have asked "support" many times and no matter what I tell them I get the same answer, "try again and follow the guidelines." or "read the help page." No matter how many times I ask or who I talk to I get that same stock answer every single time. Even if I start with telling them I already tried loads of times it's not working and I have read the guidelines. Is there some way you can help or something else I am not doing? I still get the same pointless answer. Why not just tell me what I am doing wrong???

The second problem is with my profile photo. I am pretty sure the system is glitched. It's been nearly a month now. The email telling me documents are missing tells me to upload a profile photo yet on the page it says "pending" so why is it telling me the photo is missing and I have to upload it again yet it still reads pending? Again, talking to support I get the same pointless answers no matter what I tell me or they tell me somebody will take a look at it but they never do or they tell me people are busy so they are slow to get around to looking. I refused to believe it would take this long. My bank statement was checked after 2 days and I get an email about my passport after 2 days.

So any ideas? As I said, I don't imagine any of you are privy to the mysterious workings of Uber so probably won't be able to help but worth a shot. I'm at a loss for what to do. It feels like I'm at a dead end. I really want to sign up but can't. It's so so so frustrating. Is this some kind of test where only people that are smart enough to figure out the puzzle of how to sign up are allowed to ride for Uber?! I even contacted them on Twitter and got the exact same stock answer that I always get from them.

Is there something else I can try? Some other way to do it? Somebody else I could talk to?? So grateful for any help, for reading and your time.

My passport ( REDACTED ).jpg

KevinJohnson

It's only June here.
Do you have a driver's license? Their system is set up for cars and driving cars remember. A passport does not give you permission to drive a car.
They cannot verify your profile photo until they verify your ID.

God Save the Queen!

banjokazooie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's only June here.
Do you have a driver's license? Their system is set up for cars and driving cars remember. A passport does not give you permission to drive a car.
They cannot verify your profile photo until they verify your ID.

God Save the Queen!
I don't have a driver license, unfortunately. It does say on the page that it accepts passports as an ID... Well, it allegedly accepts them. I'm sure it would be easier, as you say but all I have is my passport. Appreciate the reply.

EDIT: I did mean June... I have no idea why I put July :-)

banjokazooie

Try grubhub or doordash.
I'm based in the UK (London) so that might be problematic for me ;-) I am in the process of trying to sign up with other equivalent services here such as Deliveroo and start. Deliveroo has put me on a waiting list and only offering short term contracts for weekends and Stuart I am not sure about yet. Hopefully, that goes through alright but you never know.

I really want to sign up for UberEats here since the other services may either not be joinable right now or limited. I do need all of the services I can, in any case, so I have the chance at earning decent money.

Thanks again.

MikhailCA

I'm based in the UK (London) so that might be problematic for me ;-) I am in the process of trying to sign up with other equivalent services here such as Deliveroo and start. Deliveroo has put me on a waiting list and only offering short term contracts for weekends and Stuart I am not sure about yet. Hopefully, that goes through alright but you never know.

I really want to sign up for UberEats here since the other services may either not be joinable right now or limited. I do need all of the services I can, in any case, so I have the chance at earning decent money.

Thanks again.
Just keep calling, texting to the Uber support and keep asking them manually add you into their system or wait green hub reopening(forget about it for the next 3-6 months)

banjokazooie

Just keep calling, texting to the Uber support and keep asking them manually add you into their system or wait green hub reopening(forget about it for the next 3-6 months)
That's pretty much my strategy although it isn't working but I'm going to keep on trying. I wish there was somebody I could get through to other than support who are anything but. I guess I'll have to wait for the hub to open? Do you need an appointment for that or you just turn up?

Thanks for the reply.