• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Help with PBI

ZZY

I haven't done PBI hangouts for a long time but this evening at 5PM I was in the area and it said there were 2 cars at PBI (Lux only), so I went to WAWA which is queue territory. Once in the queue the graphic said "1-10 cars" and all 4 parts of the circle where lit up blue.

Does anybody who does Lux know if this is showing me Lux only information, or is it X information?

Is there no longer any reports of where you stand in the queue? I assumed as all quadrants were lit that I was #1 or 2 or 3? Does nothing change from there until you get pinged?
Once between 6 and 7PM, the queue graphic completely disappeared from my display, then reappeared 1 minute later. For whatever reason that happened, was I bumped to the back of the queue? When it came back, all 4 quads were still lit up. Looking at the rider app, 6 Lux cars where showing.

I read comments before about 6 cars being all that Uber displays. Did they mean only in the airport queue, because I often see more in other congested areas.

I was about to leave at 7PM, but decided to look at flight arrivals first (something I didn't bother doing earlier because I was so advanced in the queue). There was only one flight scheduled to land (6:05) since 3pm! Then at 6:30 to 7:03 there were 6 arrivals. I was in prime time! So I stayed until 7:30. Most of those flights arrived about 6:45. That gave them 45 minutes to deplane and call Uber. I got shut out and went home.

Don't see any reason to do the airport queue. I wonder if those other Lux cars are also doing XL? I forgot to check that.

Waiting at ANY airport makes no sense. For a 30 minute trip waiting 45 mins or more or maybe a 10 minute trip around PBI is useless. Drive to busier places and you will see a difference

wk1102

I haven't done PBI hangouts for a long time but this evening at 5PM I was in the area and it said there were 2 cars at PBI (Lux only), so I went to WAWA which is queue territory. Once in the queue the graphic said "1-10 cars" and all 4 parts of the circle where lit up blue.

Does anybody who does Lux know if this is showing me Lux only information, or is it X information?

Is there no longer any reports of where you stand in the queue? I assumed as all quadrants were lit that I was #1 or 2 or 3? Does nothing change from there until you get pinged?
Once between 6 and 7PM, the queue graphic completely disappeared from my display, then reappeared 1 minute later. For whatever reason that happened, was I bumped to the back of the queue? When it came back, all 4 quads were still lit up. Looking at the rider app, 6 Lux cars where showing.

I read comments before about 6 cars being all that Uber displays. Did they mean only in the airport queue, because I often see more in other congested areas.

I was about to leave at 7PM, but decided to look at flight arrivals first (something I didn't bother doing earlier because I was so advanced in the queue). There was only one flight scheduled to land (6:05) since 3pm! Then at 6:30 to 7:03 there were 6 arrivals. I was in prime time! So I stayed until 7:30. Most of those flights arrived about 6:45. That gave them 45 minutes to deplane and call Uber. I got shut out and went home.

Don't see any reason to do the airport queue. I wonder if those other Lux cars are also doing XL? I forgot to check that.
I don't do lux. I am X/ XL. the 4 was not x, there were probably 25-40 cars on x at that time, not all necessarily waiting for an airport ride but within the queue.

I've noticed if i enter the queue x/xl. I get my position based upon xl. Usually 8-10. If i log out, turn off XL and log back on I'll be 25-35 or more.

I'm not 100% sure, but is be willing to bet the number you saw was for only lux.

Last time I was there I got my actual place in line, a single number.

Reactions: ZZY

Gol4man

Ok. If you run dual status like x and lux. The airport ball shows you the status with smallest number. Example it in dual status it shows 7 in queue. You can test this. Click the icon top right before arriving at airport. Deselect lux. i.e. only X is active. Wait minute then select the airport ball. It now shows 40 in queue at airport. Go to airport queue area. It shows you 30-40 in queue. Now reselect X and Lux. Now it will show you 1-10 in queue. You position in queue is based on the status with lowest number in queue. After a wait the number will start to drop rapidly because the X queue will move faster and the number is now based on the X queue.

wk1102

Ok. If you run dual status like x and lux. The airport ball shows you the status with smallest number. Example it in dual status it shows 7 in queue. You can test this. Click the icon top right before arriving at airport. Deselect lux. i.e. only X is active. Wait minute then select the airport ball. It now shows 40 in queue at airport. Go to airport queue area. It shows you 30-40 in queue. Now reselect X and Lux. Now it will show you 1-10 in queue. You position in queue is based on the status with lowest number in queue. After a wait the number will start to drop rapidly because the X queue will move faster and the number is now based on the X queue.
So, if I'm x/xl and I enter the queue at 10, that's xl.... If i change to x only in 40.

I go back to both and I'm 10 again. Am I 10th for X too?

ZZY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Drive to busier places and you will see a difference
Like Buccan? I knew Saturday after Thanksgiving was going to be a bust after sitting near the Lake Worth Pier from 5 to 7 pm (I'm almost certain there were no lux rides for anyone between Mar-A-Lago and the Eau in that time period), so I went home, but not wanting to get shut out, I left the App on. Eventually I got a trip to the island at about 9 pm. Once there I was determined to get a restauranter leaving the island so I went to Buccan. There were 7 Lux cars almost on top of the intersection. Some were in the Sunoco station (I guess they hadn't been read the no tresspass script by the Cops yet), and 2 were even out of the cars standing on the corner by the door, staring at their phones as if they were deaf, waiting for a ping. I went to the Meat Market where there were a few (very few) customers (easy to see in the windows driving by), and found a parking spot as close as you can get. In the meantime, there were 4 Lux opposite Cachina's (it's been closed for rennovations all summer and the other 2 restaurants on that street have been torn down), and several more circling the fountain at the Breakers. I waited until 10:30 and went home.
My conclusions: Lux is dieing and there are way too many of them picking at the scraps. Many riders who would have been shamed at jumping in an X car at the Breakers, no have no problem with it (it's like serving Faygo at your party instead of Coke or Pepsi). If you have a 4 seat sedan like me, prepare to get cancelled often, as the Lux riders that are left know they can get a roomier SUV most of the time when they are 3 or 4 passengers.

Kodyhead

At what cost? An absurd number like 30,000 new applications before the driver cap deadline.

But what's more interesting is what happens in the next 30 days and uber and lyfts contingency plan to cut down how much they are gonna have to pay.

They may make you even choose to only work for 1 company