• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Help with a deactivation

ABQuber

Ok, I’m desperate here I guess.

On 8/12, I went to log in to Uber to work and got the message, “Your account needs attention”.

So I check my email and see that Uber ran a DMV check, and I had a DMV violation for “Failure to Surrender License or Permit”. Ok, I do have a CDL. In order to have a CDL, you must keep a current medical card. Mine expired on 7/06. Since I’m not driving trucks right now, I let it lapse thinking no big deal. After this, I went to the DMV same day and surrendered my CDL and got my regular class D license. Not worried about the CDL, I have a year to take a current medical card in and have it reinstated.

Keep in mind here, this only pertained to my CDL. My class D was showing valid on Chekrs report the whole time.

Well, here it is, 9/09 and I’m still deactivated. I’ve called support a dozen times and sent numerous messages in app. There is no Greenlight hub here in my state. Used to be, it’s been permanently closed.

All I keep getting from phone support is “I do see there is a problem with the background check and you are not qualified to drive with Uber”. I explain it has been taken care of and my record is now clear, Chekr has confirmed this multiple times. Show all clear and all green all up and down the report. It’s a loop with phone support. I finally got someone who said they would escalate it. In app message says 5-7 business days. So after 2 weeks I get an email stating due to background check, I’m ineligible.

I return to the app and pitch a polite fit. They ask for a screenshot showing the cleared background check. I send a picture. 10 minutes later I get a response saying “Due to sensitive information in your previous post, it has been deleted. Refer to this thread for all future communication”. I respond back to it, repeating my situation.

Now I keep getting a loop response on there along the lines of “If you believe the info in your background check is inaccurate or incomplete, file a dispute with Chekr”. I respond back that the info is neither inaccurate or incomplete. It is correct. I need someone to review my account properly and reactivate me. They just keep looping me.

I don’t plan on driving with either much longer, I will be going back into trucking in a month or 2 but I need this income. I’m driving for Lyft only now, but their volume alone isn’t doing it.

Has anyone run into this or know any way I can move higher up the ladder to have someone actually pull the report again or whatever? Seems like they just keep looking at the original. I’m at a loss here.

Any advice is appreciated.

KK2929

I would contact Chekr and go over step by step with them until you are satisfied that their report is correct. Then ask them to send the updated report to Uber and also ask them to forward the updated report to you. Send the updated report to Uber after you have reviewed it and made certain that it is correct.
Other then driving to a GL Hub, not much else you can do. On the hard copy of the report, print in black " UPDATED 9-10-2019 " and underline it -- then send to Uber.
Good luck -- dealing with those people, you will need it.

MoreTips

The Joys of working for a algorithm using cheap untrained foreigners that are limited to reading scripts that go in circles. You are in the Uber twilight zone. Ask to have your dispute taken to arbitration. Good luck.

Seamus

Ok, I’m desperate here I guess.

On 8/12, I went to log in to Uber to work and got the message, “Your account needs attention”.

So I check my email and see that Uber ran a DMV check, and I had a DMV violation for “Failure to Surrender License or Permit”. Ok, I do have a CDL. In order to have a CDL, you must keep a current medical card. Mine expired on 7/06. Since I’m not driving trucks right now, I let it lapse thinking no big deal. After this, I went to the DMV same day and surrendered my CDL and got my regular class D license. Not worried about the CDL, I have a year to take a current medical card in and have it reinstated.

Keep in mind here, this only pertained to my CDL. My class D was showing valid on Chekrs report the whole time.

Well, here it is, 9/09 and I’m still deactivated. I’ve called support a dozen times and sent numerous messages in app. There is no Greenlight hub here in my state. Used to be, it’s been permanently closed.

All I keep getting from phone support is “I do see there is a problem with the background check and you are not qualified to drive with Uber”. I explain it has been taken care of and my record is now clear, Chekr has confirmed this multiple times. Show all clear and all green all up and down the report. It’s a loop with phone support. I finally got someone who said they would escalate it. In app message says 5-7 business days. So after 2 weeks I get an email stating due to background check, I’m ineligible.

I return to the app and pitch a polite fit. They ask for a screenshot showing the cleared background check. I send a picture. 10 minutes later I get a response saying “Due to sensitive information in your previous post, it has been deleted. Refer to this thread for all future communication”. I respond back to it, repeating my situation.

Now I keep getting a loop response on there along the lines of “If you believe the info in your background check is inaccurate or incomplete, file a dispute with Chekr”. I respond back that the info is neither inaccurate or incomplete. It is correct. I need someone to review my account properly and reactivate me. They just keep looping me.

I don’t plan on driving with either much longer, I will be going back into trucking in a month or 2 but I need this income. I’m driving for Lyft only now, but their volume alone isn’t doing it.

Has anyone run into this or know any way I can move higher up the ladder to have someone actually pull the report again or whatever? Seems like they just keep looking at the original. I’m at a loss here.

Any advice is appreciated.
GLH is your only hope. You will have to go on a road trip if you want it bad enough.