1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Help! Someone is using my account?!?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by EAOlive, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I haven't been an Uber driver in at least 2-years, but recently, within the past month, I keep getting notifications from Uber saying I'm getting daily reports of my drive fare income. Then just today, I got an email saying the money could not be deposited into my account because of a bad checking account (true, I got a new checking account last year). However, as I said, I have not driven for Uber for 2 years, and my car's information on their website is all outdated since that time, so I have no idea what's going on here, but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually contact Uber whatsoever. All I know for certain is that this year, I got a bill from the IRS for taxes due for ubering in 2015... I had no idea Uber wanted considered the drivers as private contractors and wanted them to keep their own taxes in savings, but this is not the point as I paid my dues to Uncle Sam. The issue is if the IRS tries to come at me again for taxes for ubering I did not due to a mistake Uber has made, I will definitely not hesitate to take Uber to court over this, and with no way of contacting them, it's even more frustrating, and I'm not going to waste my day going to a help meeting when none of this is my fault. Any suggestions?

2. Mco

Mco

try this number 800-593-7069. in the drivers app there is a number to call them now

reg barclay likes this.
  3. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't bother with the phone number. That goes to a call center in India or the Philippines. If you actually want to speak to an employee of uber, which is exactly who you need to speak to, you'll have to go to a green light hub. I see you're in the Santa Barbara area of California. Google "Uber Greenlight hubs California".

4. The angle you need is to skim this industriously Ubering identity thief.

5. henrygates

henrygates

Driving:
    UberXL
    So there's some guy out there driving for free on your account and his earnings are waiting to be deposited into your bank?

6. ncnealncn

ncnealncn

Driving:
    UberX
    I wish I had this problem!

7. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I guess this new app isn't that bad after all lol

drive4lyft69, jgiun1 and Iann like this.
  8. Ribak

Ribak

Immediately seek medical attention. You have a serious case of sleep driving.....similar to sleep walking, but with a car.

9. I literally just got this email, and talked to the 1-800# and confirmed this is why I'm getting "paid". They keep trying to "pay" me which is showing up as a driving invoice because I guess Uber doesn't have any other way to issue funds; lol, $0.75...:

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. ncnealncn

ncnealncn

Driving:
    UberX
    Congratulations on your big settlement! What will you do with it all?

Patrick R Oboyle likes this.
  11. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    His earnings are waiting for the OP to pay taxes on...

And you people thought it was absolutely horrible when an illegal alien use the social security number of a dead baby to get a job and pay into taxes that they'll never get a return on and pay into Social Security that they'll never be able to collect on...

12. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
    Fraud is fraud little girl.

13. Synonym: legitimate U.S.A. business model.

HotUberMess and ncnealncn like this.
  14. Check the app hourly. Add your bank acct, do a deposit, then clear the info. Take the money as soon as it was "earned". And hope that whomever is driving in your name doesn't rape or kill anyone.

15. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    "...little girl."

I like you!:p

jgiun1 likes this.