help no pings

Uberest

So this morning I went out at 7 am, and not a single ping. In fact, I remain online now.....over an hour... no pings. That has NEVER happened. Checked the pax app -- and I do not see my car!!!!

My question is does anyone know what this is about......

My docs are all current there's no reason that all of a sudden I would not be visible for pings.

I sent an email to partner support.

Trying/hoping to avoid a long trip to Forestville. Maybe uber didn't like my posting about Forestville and I am being punished? Nah that would be too weird.

thanks my bro uber drivers.

4aseason

LOL!! Don't be paranoid bruh. I had the same thoughts a couple of weeks ago just after I had blasted Uber on this board and I couldn't login to the app. I later found out it was something on my in. I'm sure it's just a glitch and nothing revengeful from Uber.

tohunt4me

Uber can't manage their app.

Been messing up for weeks.

At least they can tell if we move our cellphone now.

Uberest

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I checked dashboard, all my docs are in order ....insurance, inspection, everything. YUK is what I have to say!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Uberest

that actually makes the most sense to me. This happened to me once before, at 8 am traveled ALL THE WAY down Wisconsin from beltway to Gtown and no pings. About month ago. I didn't check pax app at the time though. Was so weird.

So maybe I am just on a time out, sidelined, rolling blackout -- something.

I am off work today and was hoping to uber most of the day. Guess not.

renbutler

If you can log in to the rider app and see the map, you are eligible to receive pings.

Occasionally my vehicle doesn't appear in the rider app, so I log out of the driver app and log back in -- and my vehicle shows up again in the rider app.

Very glitchy.

Uberest

I tried that, still do not see my car.

I did have another machiavellian thought: that uber would "sideline" drivers periodically for the purpose of cementing in the driver's mind that driving for uber is a privilege not to be taken for granted.

renbutler

I call that paranoia.

I'd contact Uber. My vehicle is supposed to be uberXL-eligible, but it was showing up only on the uberX map. So I emailed them and they ironed it out.

Maybe your vehicle became mis-identified or something. Just ask.

no stool driver

Uberespost: 1320538 said:
I tried that, still do not see my car.

I did have another machiavellian thought: that uber would "sideline" drivers periodically for the purpose of cementing in the driver's mind that driving for uber is a privilege not to be taken for granted.
Mine did that before an they had my car on the uber black don't kno why it switched. I'm down gtwn now and haven't received anything either smh

CantThrowCantCatch

This morning was slow for me, but I still got several pings.

Several places I rarely get pings so I leave those places when I drop paxs off there.

If you weren't getting pings from 8:3o-9a then something is wrong, but I would go somewhere without any drivers nearby and get a friend to request a ride where you're at and that'll let you know for sure.

Uberest

More weirdness. deleted the app; reset phone, re-installed app, trusted it.....and the user interface has reverted to the older style with the "GO OFFLINE or GO ONLINE" oblong/oval "button" at the top center.

Uberest

Logged out....logged back in, now the user interface has the new "switch" style.

Really kind of pissed about this, it is my day off and just bad luck to have an app issue like this.

tee hee

So this morning I went out at 7 am, and not a single ping. In fact, I remain online now.....over an hour... no pings. That has NEVER happened. Checked the pax app -- and I do not see my car!!!!

My question is does anyone know what this is about......

My docs are all current there's no reason that all of a sudden I would not be visible for pings.

I sent an email to partner support.

Trying/hoping to avoid a long trip to Forestville. Maybe uber didn't like my posting about Forestville and I am being punished? Nah that would be too weird.

thanks my bro uber drivers.

8/4 - Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South - 4641 Kenmore Ave. Alexandria, VA 22304

5-8pm.

go here for help.

THANK ME LATER BRO. HOW MANY TICKETS DO you have? if you have 3 or more in last 2 years, uber will suspend you in va

HotRodriguez75

Troubleshooting 101 - login on a different device. Check to see if you are on the rider app. If so, it's your device.

If not, troubleshoot 102 - request a ride and see if you can ping yourself.

If still a problem, sounds like Uber does not want you to get rides. Take a few days off and try again.

Or try to contact Uber and spend a few days going back and forth only to find out that Uber app does not have permission to use your GPS/Location services or Uber accidentally put your account on hold.