1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

help needing to choose a base

Discussion in 'New York City' started by newdrivernyc, Sep 7, 2015.

?
  1. carmel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. elite

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. dial 7

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. skyline

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ok, i just joined this industry but im not going to do uber. well, since i have a 2014 lincoln mkt, theyll make accept 8 uber x fares, so no. i would like to do uber on the side maybe if my base is slow. do you guys know any companies that will that take an mkt? and could you give me some info on these bases. i was thinking about dial 7/carmel/elite/skyline. do you guys know anything about these 4 bases? any info will help

2. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Your best bet is to interview actual owner operators in each base, find out what the weekly fee is as opposed to the expected gross.
    Also whether management is fair and will treat you decently or not.

3. Tesh

Tesh

Driving:
    Taxi
    If your looking to do uber on the side, uber will not accept you if your base is carmel or dial 7 since they are a livery base. Uber only accepts black car base. So i would recommend Elite or Skyline.

4. yeah i need to know busy is elite and skyline.

5. antiuber$

antiuber$

What is the difference between livery and black car?

6. 2 people voted for dial 7. i need to know how they are, hows the work, would they classify my vehicle as a sedan or a luxury car, how long for a job.