Help needed

Bryan Andres

Just started doing uber in new orleans just wondering when is the best time to do it , I know areas such as french quarter , lower garden district , uptown , and downtown are great spots . Tried the airport but havent got anything waited 3 hours was there from 6 pm to 8 pm was a monday also I want to make at least $300 to $400 weekly ...

People on this forum are vicious trolls so you're just going to get a bunch of negative feedback from this.

The truth is tourism is slow during July and August and there are way more Uber drivers than riders. If you really want to earn that much youre going to have to drive over 30 or 40 hours a week because earnings are so low. Anything more than 10$ or 12$ an hour is above average rigjt now. There really isn't a "best" time to work because it's never busy anymore but late afternoon or to early evening (between 4 and 8 or so) and again from 10 pm til 2 am are your best bets. There is no surge at any time except occasionally late at night on Friday and Saturday

Again, get ready to be bombarded with people shit talking and telling you what a terrible gig Uber is. They're right, but they're also @@@@@@@@.

Bryan Andres

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
People on this forum are vicious trolls so you're just going to get a bunch of negative feedback from this.

The truth is tourism is slow during July and August and there are way more Uber drivers than riders. If you really want to earn that much youre going to have to drive over 30 or 40 hours a week because earnings are so low. Anything more than 10$ or 12$ an hour is above average rigjt now. There really isn't a "best" time to work because it's never busy anymore but late afternoon or to early evening (between 4 and 8 or so) and again from 10 pm til 2 am are your best bets. There is no surge at any time except occasionally late at night on Friday and Saturday

Again, get ready to be bombarded with people shit talking and telling you what a terrible gig Uber is. They're right, but they're also @@@@@@@@.
Thanks for the advice man i appreciate it ! And I guess those areas i mentioned are the best areas to drive to at that time also

ubertruther

"They're right, but they're also @@@@@@@@" why for telling the truth? Sounds like you may be projecting here

ubertruther

I said from the beginning uber won't work for long in Nola. One of the main reasons people and large events like come here is the close proximity of everything. That totally goes against trying to make any money driving uber. Also, way too many drivers. Uber makes the same amount regardless of how many drivers are out.

Nolagal71

Greyhound/Amtrak station thur-sat between 9pm and 4am.
Cruise ships on Sunday and Monday.
Airport is a waste of time.
French Quarter ( bourbon & royal streets) any weekend after 10pm
You make your best money with uber doing third shift work. But even then, you would be lucky to make $10 per hour.

ubertruther

How much is it to greyhound in uber? It's 12$ flat rate. It's also a 12$ flat rate from hotel to hotel with luggage. Uber made so nobody can make money anymore

Bryan Andres

Greyhound/Amtrak station thur-sat between 9pm and 4am.
Cruise ships on Sunday and Monday.
Airport is a waste of time.
French Quarter ( bourbon & royal streets) any weekend after 10pm
You make your best money with uber doing third shift work. But even then, you would be lucky to make $10 per hour.
Thanks i really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Bryan Andres

You've already answered that for yourself. Just wait until someone pukes in your car. That's where the real fun begins.
Uber office in new orleans were telling me that if that happens to take a picture and a fee would be deducted from that person who puked and it would cover the cleaning , Not sure if thats true or not ...

stevedmc

You get $200 for a puke. Trust me, it's not worth it.

You have to stop driving for the night and the smell takes forever to go away.

stevedmc

I do one ride a week just to stay active. I haven't done any serious driving since Jazz fest.

I'm expecially not going out there with the protests going on. It's not worth it to risk your life for 35 cents a mile.

stevedmc

Trust me, be a hard ass on passengers. Keep your doors locked when aproaching passengers.

Verify the name of passenger, and make sure they don't have more passengers than four if that's all you have seatbelts for.

If they have food or drink, tell them they can't bring food or drink in your car.

If they argue about drinks or insist on fitting 5 passengers into your car that only has seatbelts for four passengers, drive off and cancel the ride.

That's my honest and best advice.