• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Help my partnership was ended and i have had 0 complaints and nothing but 5 star rated trips

Have you ever had a rider lie or make a false complainte

• Total voters

Dread151

Yesterday I received a email that said I was being warned for having a in authorized rider in my car. I have received this before and contacted Uber to see what was going on they said it was nothing just a reminder, this time however they said we just wanted to get your side of the story. I have had 0 pools, and no un authorized riders. The last 2 days I had 3 rides locally I usually go to Atlanta to make more money. After I responded this time saying hey I had no one in the car , and there must be a mistake they said no worries. Them at 3 am this morning they sent a email ending my partner ship and refuse to talk to me saying the decision is final , my car is too old to Lyft, I Uber mainley due to my health and now my wife was hospitalized for 2 sub arachnoid hemmhorage s last week and we are both out of work and starving, this was my last way of making income... What do I do? Can I get my account reenstated ? Is there a appeal process? We have to go through background checks but riders don't, I have picked up car jackers to drug dealers to prostitutes and I am sure everyone has picked up annoying drunks why are they taking the word of the rider when I have a perfect record? I don't know what to do...we have Obama care and pay with it I have a brain tumor and my wife s life is in jeopardy... Should I give up?

circle1

About the only thing someone in your position could do is go to several media outlets and see if they would be interested in a human interest story [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_interest_story]. Try some of the bigger outlets, like The Wall Street Journal or Mother Jones (to cover your bases), or your local ATL TV news station.

I'm very saddened to hear about your plight.

But these "Gigging Economy" corporations have found a formula for exploiting people who don't understand what they're agreeing to or getting into. A majority either end-up quitting within a few months or else they somehow muddle through.

Last edited:

AuxCordBoston

Yesterday I received a email that said I was being warned for having a in authorized rider in my car. I have received this before and contacted Uber to see what was going on they said it was nothing just a reminder, this time however they said we just wanted to get your side of the story. I have had 0 pools, and no un authorized riders. The last 2 days I had 3 rides locally I usually go to Atlanta to make more money. After I responded this time saying hey I had no one in the car , and there must be a mistake they said no worries. Them at 3 am this morning they sent a email ending my partner ship and refuse to talk to me saying the decision is final , my car is too old to Lyft, I Uber mainley due to my health and now my wife was hospitalized for 2 sub arachnoid hemmhorage s last week and we are both out of work and starving, this was my last way of making income... What do I do? Can I get my account reenstated ? Is there a appeal process? We have to go through background checks but riders don't, I have picked up car jackers to drug dealers to prostitutes and I am sure everyone has picked up annoying drunks why are they taking the word of the rider when I have a perfect record? I don't know what to do...we have Obama care and pay with it I have a brain tumor and my wife s life is in jeopardy... Should I give up?
Can you post Uber's messages to you? And Lyft?

jester121

How can you appeal the age of your old car? It's not really subjective or up for debate.

This is a blessing in disguise, you're better off not destroying your vehicle for Uber pennies a day.

NCHeel

How long have you been driving? What is your ride count and rating? All of these play a part in Uber's decisions. I am rude to customers and will throw one out in a heartbeat but every time I stop driving for a week or 2 Uber will offer me a Quest that is good money and easy to complete. Why? Because when I drive I make Uber money. I don't just drive Saturdays or just drive surge. I don't try to cherry pick rides. I drive smart and try to make the most money possible for myself for the time I am out there which in turn makes Uber money. If you don't think Uber assigns a earning potential to you then you're naive. Your best option is to appeal in person at a Greenlight hub.

Fewber

I know passengers lie for free rides, but all of them are reporting "unauthorized passenger?"
Tell them you have a mannequin on board that is used for the sole purposes of being able to use 3 person or more HOV lanes as needed...

Reactions: T&W

Dread151

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tell them you have a mannequin on board that is used for the sole purposes of being able to use 3 person or more HOV lanes as needed...
Lol good idea

I know passengers lie for free rides, but all of them are reporting "unauthorized passenger?"
No I got the message like 2xs and don't have any clue why I contacted them about it concerned there was a mistake

How long have you been driving? What is your ride count and rating? All of these play a part in Uber's decisions. I am rude to customers and will throw one out in a heartbeat but every time I stop driving for a week or 2 Uber will offer me a Quest that is good money and easy to complete. Why? Because when I drive I make Uber money. I don't just drive Saturdays or just drive surge. I don't try to cherry pick rides. I drive smart and try to make the most money possible for myself for the time I am out there which in turn makes Uber money. If you don't think Uber assigns a earning potential to you then you're naive. Your best option is to appeal in person at a Greenlight hub.
1year 150 5star rides 15 badges and no complaints or rider issues no driving infractions or harsh acceleration or braking

Aerodrifting

"this was my last way of making income... "
"1year 150 5star rides 15 badges and no complaints or rider issues no driving infractions or harsh acceleration or braking"
"Yesterday I received a email that said I was being warned for having a in authorized rider in my car. I have received this before "
"I have picked up car jackers to drug dealers to prostitutes and I am sure everyone has picked up annoying drunks why are they taking the word of the rider when I have a perfect record?"
I am sorry all the worst things in the world are happening to you, Maybe for a reason?

You just said you "received this (unauthorized rider in your car report) before" and you brag about "no complaints or rider issues"? And how often driver gets reported for "unauthorized rider" ever? Let alone reported multiple times by different pax.

Given most rated rides are 5 star (Otherwise you wouldn't be driving for long since you'd fall below 4.6), And 50% riders tend to rate, That put you no more than 400 rides total. If this is your "last way of making income", You better get your ass out there and do more than 400 rides in a year. Also your 400 rides seem to be quite eventful, Seeing you met car jackers (more than one!) to drug dealers to prositutes (not sure what harm they do).

Other than the fact you are lying out of your ass and think we are dumb enough to believe your BS, I think I am actually taking Uber's side for once, Good riddance.

Yulli Yung

Pardon me for asking, but are we getting the total story here? I am not a fan of uber, per see, but why would they deactivate you for no reason?

Go to Hub and speak to someone in person.

Esr

What is your source for “Uber assigns a earning potential” comment?