Uber Drivers Forum banner

HELP ME PLEASE Accident on M4 exit near M25

3K views 52 replies 29 participants last post by  -JR- 
#1 ·
Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel
Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Hi everyone, I was coming from T5 with my passengers (3), we were heading toward M4 exit from M25. I was on my lane the first (right hand side lane) on around 65pmh.

There is this another stupid Uber driver who was in the middle of M4 lane towards T1 T2 T3, just by by corner of M25.

He jumped onto my lane as he clearly aimed for joining M25 but I was too close to him and I hit him. My car left side bonnet and headlight got smashed onto his driver side door and passenger side door.

Maybe some of you might have seen us there around 19:45 today.

There was a lady driver in front of us and a male driver behind us both stopped and came for help, they saw everything and told me to not worry about anything we saw it was the other driver's fault as they gave me their details for witnessing.

The other driver was aggressive in his approach and he tried to say he was just staying on M4 right hand lane for no reason as he tried to blame me for hitting him. I found that so disrespectful and the lady driver in front of us got annoyed and put him on his place by telling him that you made a mistake and now you trying to blame him (me).

I added few pics here to show how and where it happened for you to understand nd help me who's fault it was as the other driver wasn't admitting his fault. A big THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING

See less See more
#2 ·
View attachment 288656 View attachment 288657 View attachment 288659 View attachment 288658 Hi everyone, I was coming from T5 with my passengers (3), we were heading toward M4 exit from M25. I was on my lane the first (right hand side lane) on around 65pmh.

There is this another stupid Uber driver who was in the middle of M4 lane towards T1 T2 T3, just by by corner of M25.

He jumped onto my lane as he clearly aimed for joining M25 but I was too close to him and I hit him. My car left side bonnet and headlight got smashed onto his driver side door and passenger side door.

There was a lady driver in front of us and a male driver behind us both stopped and came for help, they saw everything and told me to not worry about anything we saw it was the other driver's fault as they gave me their details for witnessing.

The other driver was aggressive in his approach and he tried to say he was just staying on M4 right hand lane for no reason as he tried to blame me for hitting him. I found that so disrespectful and the lady driver in front of us got annoyed and put him on his place by telling him that you made a mistake and now you trying to blame him (me).

I added few pics here to show how and where it happened for you to understand nd help me who's fault it was as the other driver wasn't admitting his fault. A big THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING
You have traffic officers at the scene, hopefully they have witness statements.

Like you said both witnesses are on your side and that will be huge.

Without cctv footage I can't say myself but you seem to be in a good position.

Hopefully you are okay and best of luck.

#3 ·
View attachment 288656 View attachment 288657 View attachment 288659 View attachment 288658 Hi everyone, I was coming from T5 with my passengers (3), we were heading toward M4 exit from M25. I was on my lane the first (right hand side lane) on around 65pmh.

Your story doesn't make any sense!!!

Anyway, no one ever admitted fault at scene of accident.

Your is white Prius, correct?

You have dash camera and two witnesses.

Just call insurance and provide them with footage, witness details and your statement.

No panic, no points in your licence.

But I like your statement:
'There is this another stupid Uber driver.....'
Glad you admit there is more of you.... :)

#5 ·
I appreciate your reply however you were not involved if you were, I would believe you would be same "stupid" cabbie who passed us staring at us and told us "This is what Uber drivers deserve".

Yeah I have a dash camera but unfortunately it doesn't work I tried everything I could at home to see the footage.

No, I don't have 2 witnesses, I have 5 witnesses.

I was told by some hire car company that circumstance are not looking clear take my offer for 2015 prius or else you could be paying for everything if you lose.

You have traffic officers at the scene, hopefully they have witness statements.

Like you said both witnesses are on your side and that will be huge.

Without cctv footage I can't say myself but you seem to be in a good position.

Hopefully you are okay and best of luck.
They came very late & did not ask us anything but just asked my witnesses for some details. I have five witnesses.

Dash cam footage doesn't work something messed up with memory card when I told other driver I have a dash camera he calm down and stood silent before that he was jumping around aggressively.

Thank you so much and hopefully it will be sorted out cuz I was on my lane and this guy decided to jump from middle lane and tried to join M25 from M4. Junction and I was already by him so got an accident.

It's who crosses the white line fault
In this case, who do you think crossed the white lane ?

#12 ·
No I was on M4 lane on my correct lane, he was in middle and all of sudden tried to cross me to join M25 but it was too late

Btw all minicab and taxi drivers has this late decision bad habbit

Remember choose lane earlier it's only few seconds

I found Afghanis and Addlee are the worst at this
Will my insurance goes up by this? I had a non fault accident in August too. My insurance came down by £30 a month this month and now this happened.

As so long as u got witness statements along with police report with the other drivers name on top of accident report u should be good with the insurance companies involved.
Witnessess gave me their details I have five witnesses. Police never showed up they said they are coming but never came. Traffic officers came in just to clear lanes that's it

You should have worded it a bit better. Something like... The other driver undertook me and aggressively changed lanes without indication or hesitation, failed to giveway to the right and our cars collided.
I should have worded better in here? Police never came for any statements no one came for any statements from anyone of us

#14 ·
You seem to feel a bit guilty and doubt your actions prior to the accident. Did he show his intentions before the accident to come into the lane you were travelling in or did he just suddenly appear next to you and boom, crash, wallop?

Btw as Cabbie2b noted, your description doesn't make much sense. How could he try to join m25 from a right hand lane of m4?

#22 ·
I tried to explain as I could and added photos for a reason to understand if my my description doesn't make sense however some people just ignore those photos and focuses to educate me about why I should give a way to someone who decides last second to cross me over to try and join M25

I never said it was your fault.

It's what we see happening 10x a day, people working on a driving job when they shouldn't even be allowed to be driving.

One of the first things my driving instructor said to me was, "you will make mistakes, miss your turn, the best way to stay safe is to keep your speed and take the next exit". - this guy, if things happened as you described, had no clue where to go, changed lanes and slowed down to think about it.
I have been with Uber over 1.5 years now and my rating is 4.98 I drive as safe and as aware as it should be but things happen on the road we can't control.

If it was my mistake I would have accepted but the irony is this driver was so disrespectful and he was trying to leave the scene as soon as he can not asking if anyone was injured or not. His passenger booked another Uber and left without interaction. My passengers along with 2 other witnesses stood till the end.

#17 ·

My understanding is if someone crosses ur way and as a result collision happens then it's their fault.
Buy a good quality memory card probably transcend 32gb around £6 online.
You are shaken and its natural. We r human beings not machines so calm down and give urself some time. Its not the end of the world u will be fine.

#18 ·

Looks like he was trying to get into your lane obviously (his mistake) but you were trying to be a black cabby by not giving him way and he got peed off and carried on going.

I personally give other drivers way whenever i can be it a black cab or other PH. Getting some where a few minutes later doesn't make any difference. If you're going to hit a surge your going to hit it....

#24 ·
Hello mate. When I'm not working I let anyone in but when working its different. Us cabbies do let each other out.. Part of cabbie etiquette. When you've got a punter in and you've already let two cabs in matey in the back isn't gonna be too happy letting everyone else in. Also when you've had hours of prius' realising they are in the wrong lane wanting to turn left, it gets a bit tedious.

A real bug bare of mine is when I'm going from park lane to Edgware Rd. Almost every single time a pH (not always pH but mostly) to my right will realise he needs to get in my lane to turn left for bays water Rd. I just cannot understand why anyone following a satnav would be in the 3rd lane!

#29 ·
Mate no disrespect, but you are confused there is no such thing as coming from T5 and you are on m4 no you are not on m4, you are in m25 slip road with m4.

If you gave such explanations to your insurance I’m sure not only will it complicate things but it will end in a draw 50-50 since you don’t have a camera to prove what had actually happened .

The best thing for you to say will be m25 slip road with m4 east driver decides to rejoin m25 from the left hand lane while I’m on the right hand lane and cut right infront of me while doing 65mph and gave me no chance to brake. End of the story.

#43 ·
Listen, there is NO M4 after T5 slip.

T5 slip is taking you on to M25 with 6 lanes.

Driving down M25 3 lanes on the left are IN DIRECTION of M4 creating M25 slip to M4west and M4east.

So all he could have done is undercut you from your left side.

View attachment 288753

M4 WEST and M4 EAST in not name of motorway.

These are just directional markings on M25 telling where to go.

You misunderstood degree thing.
I mastered LHR as it was my home for 5-6 yrs doing just transfers.
Wonderful you did a great job by finding this google map pic! It made it easier for me now to explain. You see where M4 East is written on the middle lane, he was right on the "4" sign on the middle lane when he decided to jump into the right lane and try to jump over to M25.

Thats where exactly we collided and the unfortunate thing happened.

Sorry to hear about your accident, first thing is relevant of who's fault no one was injured and being on motorway that's a saving grace. Second wasn't your fault so at least that's something you don't have to worry about and furthermore you have witnesses
Thank you for your reply! I went to my solicitor and indeed I was told it's not my fault because he was the one who changed lane towards right that's enough for liability

#31 ·
Hi, accidents are obviously not nice but it happens, we live in london where no one wants to give some one away or even let them pass a very difficult junction, most importantly think ahead and always observe the car in front and what's happening beside you. Like others say most people make last judgement when they dnt understand what's happening on the map. I have notice this specially on the A406 going onto M11, you notice the GPS confuse some people and you notice a sudden turn in.

#32 ·
Hello mate. When I'm not working I let anyone in but when working its different. Us cabbies do let each other out.. Part of cabbie etiquette. When you've got a punter in and you've already let two cabs in matey in the back isn't gonna be too happy letting everyone else in. Also when you've had hours of prius' realising they are in the wrong lane wanting to turn left, it gets a bit tedious.

A real bug bare of mine is when I'm going from park lane to Edgware Rd. Almost every single time a pH (not always pH but mostly) to my right will realise he needs to get in my lane to turn left for bays water Rd. I just cannot understand why anyone following a satnav would be in the 3rd lane!
Correct, you see daft things from professional drivers all the time, amount of bc westbound A4, 3rd lane approaching Hogarth is unbelievable.

#37 ·
Listen, there is NO M4 after T5 slip.

T5 slip is taking you on to M25 with 6 lanes.

Driving down M25 3 lanes on the left are IN DIRECTION of M4 creating M25 slip to M4west and M4east.

So all he could have done is undercut you from your left side.

View attachment 288753

M4 WEST and M4 EAST in not name of motorway.

These are just directional markings on M25 telling where to go.

You misunderstood degree thing.
I mastered LHR as it was my home for 5-6 yrs doing just transfers.
I actually enjoy cruising this but at max 60mph in lane 2 watching all the fights same as t5 exit joining m25 nb when over 40mph in the bend

Reactions: Ubend R.S.
#38 ·
I think white prius at fault. Insurance claims dislike frontal impact. Whoever has frontal impact regardless of actions of second driver will always go against him. White prius should have been on full alert of the actions of stupid drivers ahead of him.

Sorry mate 70% own fault. I hope I am wrong

#39 ·
I think white prius at fault. Insurance claims dislike frontal impact. Whoever has frontal impact regardless of actions of second driver will always go against him. White prius should have been on full alert of the actions of stupid drivers ahead of him.

Sorry mate 70% own fault. I hope I am wrong
Good thing your not the assessor.

Those road markings are not advisory and there for a purpose, you cross and crash pay the price.

Black prius at fault basic SMM

#42 ·

Why r u worried that much?its only cabing job f the insurance do somethingelse if it goes up.u b on antidep tablets next year if u continue this job

#44 ·

Calm down mate if it wasn't your fault you have witnesses and police report you will get compensated for time off as well good luck

#47 ·
I tried to explain as I could and added photos for a reason to understand if my my description doesn't make sense however some people just ignore those photos and focuses to educate me about why I should give a way to someone who decides last second to cross me over to try and join M25

I have been with Uber over 1.5 years now and my rating is 4.98 I drive as safe and as aware as it should be but things happen on the road we can't control.

If it was my mistake I would have accepted but the irony is this driver was so disrespectful and he was trying to leave the scene as soon as he can not asking if anyone was injured or not. His passenger booked another Uber and left without interaction. My passengers along with 2 other witnesses stood till the end.
No offence your Uber rating doesn't mean FA to anyone or anything

#51 ·
Rule of the rd when u see Addlee you show respect and drive slowly and let the driver do what he has to do
I used to go mad when I see add lee trying to jump used to stick to the car ahead and never give way nothing will change it will just spoils his day and that's the bit I like

#52 ·
Try remember the car does not belong to the Addlee driver and it will take the time it takes the recovery to drop the Addlee car to Hayes for that driver to be back on Rd , where as if ur car gets damage ul be off the rd for a bit and even if u get compo u will still make a loss .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.