1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

HELP ME PLEASE Accident on M4 exit near M25

Discussion in 'London' started by Emraan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. soTuga

soTuga

Driving:
    UberX
    I never said it was your fault.

It's what we see happening 10x a day, people working on a driving job when they shouldn't even be allowed to be driving.

One of the first things my driving instructor said to me was, "you will make mistakes, miss your turn, the best way to stay safe is to keep your speed and take the next exit". - this guy, if things happened as you described, had no clue where to go, changed lanes and slowed down to think about it.

Volkswaber and Emraan like this.
  2. Emraan

Emraan

I tried to explain as I could and added photos for a reason to understand if my my description doesn’t make sense however some people just ignore those photos and focuses to educate me about why I should give a way to someone who decides last second to cross me over to try and join M25

I have been with Uber over 1.5 years now and my rating is 4.98 I drive as safe and as aware as it should be but things happen on the road we can’t control.

If it was my mistake I would have accepted but the irony is this driver was so disrespectful and he was trying to leave the scene as soon as he can not asking if anyone was injured or not. His passenger booked another Uber and left without interaction. My passengers along with 2 other witnesses stood till the end.

3. soTuga

soTuga

Driving:
    UberX
    Again I never said it was your fault, but you are trying very hard to justify your experience and Uber rating, you do realize that your rating means nothing.

Accidents happen and it's part of being on the road working.

Most riders do not care for anyone else, that's why they left too, but that driver that accepted the motorway pickup, what does it say about him, safety wise..

Volkswaber likes this.
  4. Ubend R.S.

Ubend R.S.

Hello mate. When I'm not working I let anyone in but when working its different. Us cabbies do let each other out.. Part of cabbie etiquette. When you've got a punter in and you've already let two cabs in matey in the back isn't gonna be too happy letting everyone else in. Also when you've had hours of prius' realising they are in the wrong lane wanting to turn left, it gets a bit tedious.

A real bug bare of mine is when I'm going from park lane to Edgware Rd. Almost every single time a pH (not always pH but mostly) to my right will realise he needs to get in my lane to turn left for bays water Rd. I just cannot understand why anyone following a satnav would be in the 3rd lane!

Dilk, soTuga and Volkswaber like this.
  5. Dubs666

Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    Hire and reward insurance does not cover us to pick up from motorways

soTuga and Volkswaber like this.
  6. Volkswaber

Volkswaber

You are right!...Because is no parking or stopping at anytime. Only in case of breakdown.

soTuga, Khanie and Dubs666 like this.
  7. Dubs666

Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    Even from breakdown vehicle we not ment to go pick up cos we not recovery .

Volkswaber likes this.
  8. Cabbie2B

Cabbie2B

Listen, there is NO M4 after T5 slip.

T5 slip is taking you on to M25 with 6 lanes.

Driving down M25 3 lanes on the left are IN DIRECTION of M4 creating M25 slip to M4west and M4east.

So all he could have done is undercut you from your left side.

270A4789-4AC6-4ADF-A700-DF1B4D3AA6F3.jpeg

M4 WEST and M4 EAST in not name of motorway.

These are just directional markings on M25 telling where to go.

You misunderstood degree thing.
    I mastered LHR as it was my home for 5-6 yrs doing just transfers.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. uberak

uberak

Mate no disrespect, but you are confused there is no such thing as coming from T5 and you are on m4 no you are not on m4, you are in m25 slip road with m4.

If you gave such explanations to your insurance I’m sure not only will it complicate things but it will end in a draw 50-50 since you don’t have a camera to prove what had actually happened .

The best thing for you to say will be m25 slip road with m4 east driver decides to rejoin m25 from the left hand lane while I’m on the right hand lane and cut right infront of me while doing 65mph and gave me no chance to brake. End of the story.

10. Road Eagle

Road Eagle

Sorry to hear about your accident, first thing is relevant of who's fault no one was injured and being on motorway that's a saving grace. Second wasn't your fault so at least that's something you don't have to worry about and furthermore you have witnesses

Emraan likes this.
  11. Soljaboy

Soljaboy

Hi, accidents are obviously not nice but it happens, we live in london where no one wants to give some one away or even let them pass a very difficult junction, most importantly think ahead and always observe the car in front and what's happening beside you. Like others say most people make last judgement when they dnt understand what's happening on the map. I have notice this specially on the A406 going onto M11, you notice the GPS confuse some people and you notice a sudden turn in.

Ubend R.S. likes this.
  12. Correct, you see daft things from professional drivers all the time, amount of bc westbound A4, 3rd lane approaching Hogarth is unbelievable.

13. BroomBroom

BroomBroom

Looks like the Black prius is at fault.

14. Ubend R.S.

Ubend R.S.

I always stay in the left hand lane there. Moves much quicker.

Dubs666 and charlton paul like this.
  15. Yas in

Yas in

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree ubend...left Lane always...

Saying that had the odd Prius moving from middle lane to left towards Richmond, why cannot he go around roundabout again if confused...if I had not stopped, I wud be crying on here like emraan!

Ubend R.S. likes this.
  16. Ubend R.S.

Ubend R.S.

Yeah you do need to watch who's on your right there lol. Always preempt there!

17. babasanfur

babasanfur

I actually enjoy cruising this but at max 60mph in lane 2 watching all the fights same as t5 exit joining m25 nb when over 40mph in the bend

Ubend R.S. likes this.
  18. Geotechnoobpc

Geotechnoobpc

I think white prius at fault. Insurance claims dislike frontal impact. Whoever has frontal impact regardless of actions of second driver will always go against him. White prius should have been on full alert of the actions of stupid drivers ahead of him.

Sorry mate 70% own fault. I hope I am wrong

19. madhatter

madhatter

Good thing your not the assessor.

Those road markings are not advisory and there for a purpose, you cross and crash pay the price.

Black prius at fault basic SMM

Ubend R.S. likes this.
  20. Zabihjan

Zabihjan

Don't bring race into any conversation