1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

HELP ME PLEASE Accident on M4 exit near M25

Discussion in 'London' started by Emraan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Emraan

Emraan

E96807D4-CC7B-41CA-9A5D-605D06073C57.jpeg 3FFF43C0-1B79-4A1D-89F9-D2292C704EBD.jpeg DBAF60EB-708B-42E7-AB4E-EACE6421FA57.jpeg 840CA5A7-8BC4-4E8C-9304-4B1A259DD9C1.jpeg Hi everyone, I was coming from T5 with my passengers (3), we were heading toward M4 exit from M25. I was on my lane the first (right hand side lane) on around 65pmh.

There is this another stupid Uber driver who was in the middle of M4 lane towards T1 T2 T3, just by by corner of M25.

He jumped onto my lane as he clearly aimed for joining M25 but I was too close to him and I hit him. My car left side bonnet and headlight got smashed onto his driver side door and passenger side door.

Maybe some of you might have seen us there around 19:45 today.

There was a lady driver in front of us and a male driver behind us both stopped and came for help, they saw everything and told me to not worry about anything we saw it was the other driver’s fault as they gave me their details for witnessing.

The other driver was aggressive in his approach and he tried to say he was just staying on M4 right hand lane for no reason as he tried to blame me for hitting him. I found that so disrespectful and the lady driver in front of us got annoyed and put him on his place by telling him that you made a mistake and now you trying to blame him (me).

I added few pics here to show how and where it happened for you to understand nd help me who’s fault it was as the other driver wasn’t admitting his fault. A big THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING

2. Jason01

Jason01

You have traffic officers at the scene, hopefully they have witness statements.

Like you said both witnesses are on your side and that will be huge.

Without cctv footage I can't say myself but you seem to be in a good position.

Hopefully you are okay and best of luck.

3. Cabbie2B

Cabbie2B

Your story doesn’t make any sense!!!

Anyway, no one ever admitted fault at scene of accident.

Your is white Prius, correct?

You have dash camera and two witnesses.

Just call insurance and provide them with footage, witness details and your statement.

No panic, no points in your licence.

But I like your statement:
    ‘There is this another stupid Uber driver.....’
    Glad you admit there is more of you.... :)

Thussain and Momo11 like this.
  4. babasanfur

babasanfur

It's who crosses the white line fault

Andreas0001 and Emraan like this.
  5. Emraan

Emraan

I appreciate your reply however you were not involved if you were, I would believe you would be same “stupid” cabbie who passed us staring at us and told us “This is what Uber drivers deserve”.

Yeah I have a dash camera but unfortunately it doesn’t work I tried everything I could at home to see the footage.

No, I don’t have 2 witnesses, I have 5 witnesses.

I was told by some hire car company that circumstance are not looking clear take my offer for 2015 prius or else you could be paying for everything if you lose.

They came very late & did not ask us anything but just asked my witnesses for some details. I have five witnesses.

Dash cam footage doesn’t work something messed up with memory card when I told other driver I have a dash camera he calm down and stood silent before that he was jumping around aggressively.

Thank you so much and hopefully it will be sorted out cuz I was on my lane and this guy decided to jump from middle lane and tried to join M25 from M4. Junction and I was already by him so got an accident.

In this case, who do you think crossed the white lane ?

Zabihjan likes this.
  6. babasanfur

babasanfur

The black one tried to push in happens daily I am Sure the traffic officer will fault him

Emraan likes this.
  7. freddieman

freddieman

As so long as u got witness statements along with police report with the other drivers name on top of accident report u should be good with the insurance companies involved.

Zabihjan and Emraan like this.
  8. babasanfur

babasanfur

Btw all minicab and taxi drivers has this late decision bad habbit

Remember choose lane earlier it's only few seconds

I found Afghanis and Addlee are the worst at this

9. Uberduberdooo

Uberduberdooo

I think you meant you were joiningy the m4 and you said 'I was too close and I hit him' you never, ever, say that mate.

Emraan likes this.
  10. Emraan

Emraan

Traffic officer did not ask us anything they just put us on hard shoulder and asked de questions from wintness and then asked us to move

I couldn’t agree more! This guy was on M4 middle lane and he decided to jump onto M25 like after those white crossed lines where the junction ends u could see from the photos what I mean

11. Uberduberdooo

Uberduberdooo

You should have worded it a bit better. Something like... The other driver undertook me and aggressively changed lanes without indication or hesitation, failed to giveway to the right and our cars collided.

Emraan likes this.
  12. Emraan

Emraan

No I was on M4 lane on my correct lane, he was in middle and all of sudden tried to cross me to join M25 but it was too late

Will my insurance goes up by this? I had a non fault accident in August too. My insurance came down by £30 a month this month and now this happened.

Witnessess gave me their details I have five witnesses. Police never showed up they said they are coming but never came. Traffic officers came in just to clear lanes that’s it

I should have worded better in here? Police never came for any statements no one came for any statements from anyone of us

13. Dubs666

Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    Rule of the rd when u see Addlee you show respect and drive slowly and let the driver do what he has to do

14. You seem to feel a bit guilty and doubt your actions prior to the accident. Did he show his intentions before the accident to come into the lane you were travelling in or did he just suddenly appear next to you and boom, crash, wallop?

Btw as Cabbie2b noted, your description doesn't make much sense. How could he try to join m25 from a right hand lane of m4?

Volkswaber, Emraan and soTuga like this.
  15. Shane Sheikh

Shane Sheikh

Unfortunately your insurance will go up.

16. Cabbie2B

Cabbie2B

Listen Emraan, nick does not mean occupation and what that cab driver shouted, well yes he was right.
    Why? Because of stubbornness you new ph guys have. After year of driving you know it all.

You are prime example.

The way you describe accident happen IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Now let me educate you a bit as your fellow ph driver who had LHR degree long time ago.

You were driving off T5 slip road merging M25 taking outside M4 slip (which you should not).
    E184FF0A-9803-4AE6-B0B0-310BC1FC3E17.jpeg
    So when you came to M4 slip you were in right hand lane where M4 slip becomes M4 slip E and W.
    C57911FE-FD2E-4832-8AFB-0CE04EA3EA45.jpeg

Then you moved into left lane of M4slipE

BACE2C21-8EF9-46C3-952B-AE3963EB3CA8.jpeg

So black Prius changed lane from slip M4 W to slip M4 E over diverging island and cut you off.

And btw in such case pax is never relevant witness And you stated your self that were 2 witnesses:

‘There was a lady driver in front of us and a male driver behind us both stopped and came for help, they saw everything and told me to not worry about anything we saw it was the other driver’s fault as they gave me their details for witnessing.’

Traffic agency is not there to help you with accident issues. They are there to keep traffic flow.

As of your insurance, yes it will go up as this is your 2nd claim (fault or not they don’t care).

Good luck

Emraan likes this.
  17. Blueskyplus

Blueskyplus

My understanding is if someone crosses ur way and as a result collision happens then it's their fault.
    Buy a good quality memory card probably transcend 32gb around £6 online.
    You are shaken and its natural. We r human beings not machines so calm down and give urself some time. Its not the end of the world u will be fine.

Emraan likes this.
  18. Dilk

Dilk

Looks like he was trying to get into your lane obviously (his mistake) but you were trying to be a black cabby by not giving him way and he got peed off and carried on going.

I personally give other drivers way whenever i can be it a black cab or other PH. Getting some where a few minutes later doesn't make any difference. If you're going to hit a surge your going to hit it....

Volkswaber, Emraan and soTuga like this.
  19. soTuga

soTuga

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes because as we all know, some idiots instead of looking around and at their mirrors, they just barge in, no matter what, while others give you enough space but when they see that you want to move lanes, they accelerate to block.

Now they are both in a position of who's fault was it. - In a motorway, wide as hell it takes two to tango, it's that simple.

Give space for others to join in or move lanes, drive defensively, don't stay side by side on the other car's blind spot and be aware of your surroundings at all times.

Volkswaber, Emraan and Dilk like this.
  20. Emraan

Emraan

I understand what you are saying, I always give way if I see they are coming in however last evening it wasn’t a case of him just joining my lane, he intended to join M25 where he completely turned his car you can see accident happened on his driver side door because he intended to turn from middle lane to get into M25. He said he wanted to go on M4 when he knew middle lane does go towards M4 anyway that’s where he was aggressive but once I mentioned I have a dash camera, he stood silent

We were not side by side, he was 50 meters roughly ahead of me and last moment he realised he was supposed to take M25 where he turned his car aiming at M25 but it was too late for him

He was not just getting to into my lane, he was trying to pass my lane and end up on M25 which obviously does not make any sense last minute. Plus his passenger did not even came out he was there another Uber came picked him up and left as in my case my passengers and other drivers stood by and waited for police to arrive unfortunately they never came.

This driver was saying he wanted to stay on M4 just trying to change lane but my witness told him you are lying because we saw what you were doing, you were doing.

One thing to mention, he stopped on my lane to get into M25 that’s where it is worst he wasn’t moving when he joined my lane and I was so close by then even tho I braked so hard from 65mph I came to roughly 25mph when accident occurred.

That’s exactly what I think and he wasn’t just crossing my way his stopped and blocked me since he wanted to get onto M25

Thanks for the information my fellow ph driver.

Let me help you to educate you too since your degree was a long time ago, I think you lost touch with reality.

I wasn’t on a slip road to join M25, if you pay attention to road next time you coming off T5 you would see that you are on already on M4 route when M4 merges M25.

As you mentioned, yes I was on M4 east (the right hand lane, next to 3rd lane of M25) and I did not change my lane to the left or right I was on my lane to the end.

The accident happened before M4 could become west and east it happened by the edge of M4 east and M25 where M25 separates from M4.

That’s where he was in the middle and jumped into right lane where I was and he stopped very last moment to get into M25 which is stupid knowing there is traffic coming up from right hand lane. Hope this helps you understand and next time when you drive on with your degree from T5 toward M4 London, u would see what I meant when you get there. Thanks for the help tho I appreciate it