Help: How to get out of UberEat

Uguy22

I pushed by mistake UberEat last week and now I am getting Food pickups. Where do I contact Uber to get me out of it? Do I need to go to an Uber office or can I do it on line??

chitown73

I pushed by mistake UberEat last week and now I am getting Food pickups. Where do I contact Uber to get me out of it? Do I need to go to an Uber office or can I do it on line??
I simply messaged support thru the app and asked to have Uber eats removed from my account. It was removed with a couple hours.

Uberanović

Tap acount / tap help / tap phone upper right

Attachments

• IMG_8502.PNG
    IMG_8502.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 69

EddieG

No need to call or email Uber. At the home screen on your phone press the top left 3 horizontal lines. Then press the button to the right of "open to all trips". Once there you can opt out of Uber delivery and Uber eats.

LoveTheBlues

No need to call or email Uber. At the home screen on your phone press the top left 3 horizontal lines. Then press the button to the right of "open to all trips". Once there you can opt out of Uber delivery and Uber eats.
Now how can you opt out of McDonalds? :confused:

EddieG

I had my first McDonalds Uber Eats run last night in Rosemont. Waste of time, waited 10 minutes to pick up the order.

Mad Medic

I had my first McDonalds Uber Eats run last night in Rosemont. Waste of time, waited 10 minutes to pick up the order.
I took one request Saturday night 3am cause just needed a couple more for quest and then home(actually Sunday offically)

It was McDonalds up on North Ave. I was only 2 minutes away. Turned into the parking lot, saw a line of cars good for an easy 25 minute wait so I just said F it and went in the app and cancelled, reason other

Mapnik

You need to first make sure you have the latest update of the driver app.

There's a bar right below the 'online' switch that says 'edit trip preferences' - you can uncheck the box for delivery or UberX/Pool.... unfortunately you cannot uncheck Pool on it's own...

Delivery is a joke and I regretted opting in almost immediately. Not to mention it's not a business at all and half of these people will be laughing at you as you hand over the McNuggets... on a related sidenote: when Kalanick was cited for 'gross mismanagement' in that lawsuit, they're talking about businesses like Xchange Leasing where they lose $9k per car on 40,000 cars, for an expected loss of a cool $360MM dollars... The Free Market!!!! yes, yes.... but no, no, there's no free market when one player has billions of dollars to WASTE against a local taxi assocation.

The only good reason to do a delivery is if you are trying to nail a quest and need a bunch of short trips... McDelivery would actually be the ideal option in that case - just sit in the parking lot of the McD's at, say, Sheridan/Wilson... it's literally only a matter of time, and because of the number of McD's out there, you can be assured you aren't going far and you can circle right back around.

Last edited:

LoveTheBlues

I took one request Saturday night 3am cause just needed a couple more for quest and then home(actually Sunday offically)

It was McDonalds up on North Ave. I was only 2 minutes away. Turned into the parking lot, saw a line of cars good for an easy 25 minute wait so I just said F it and went in the app and cancelled, reason other
Yep; I've cancelled McD's a few times. I say too long a wait.

Chraniac

I've been doing Uber since late January 2017, with 1,053 rides under my belt and I'm proud to say I have never done one single UberEats delivery. The reason for that mostly is because of UP.net. I have learned from a lot of you all's experiences with UberEats, and I have heed the advice and don't regret it. I still to this day refuse to do UberEats.

Tom Harding

You need to first make sure you have the latest update of the driver app.

There's a bar right below the 'online' switch that says 'edit trip preferences' - you can uncheck the box for delivery or UberX/Pool.... unfortunately you cannot uncheck Pool on it's own...

Delivery is a joke and I regretted opting in almost immediately. Not to mention it's not a business at all and half of these people will be laughing at you as you hand over the McNuggets... on a related sidenote: when Kalanick was cited for 'gross mismanagement' in that lawsuit, they're talking about businesses like Xchange Leasing where they lose $9k per car on 40,000 cars, for an expected loss of a cool $360MM dollars... The Free Market!!!! yes, yes.... but no, no, there's no free market when one player has billions of dollars to WASTE against a local taxi assocation.

The only good reason to do a delivery is if you are trying to nail a quest and need a bunch of short trips... McDelivery would actually be the ideal option in that case - just sit in the parking lot of the McD's at, say, Sheridan/Wilson... it's literally only a matter of time, and because of the number of McD's out there, you can be assured you aren't going far and you can circle right back around.
That same McD is a good place to wait for trips. I usually get a hit within 10 minutes of arriving.