Help! How to clean some drips of curry-based soup or something on my light-colored seats.

Inshur

Mr. Affinito

First, YES, UP-GUYS YOU WERE RIGHT. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A WHITE CAR WITH LIGHT COLORED INTERIOR FOR RIDESHARE SERVICE. NOW THAT THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY, HELP!!!

We went over a bump in the road (hence me not asking for a cleaning fee) and the liquid in the cup (which had a lid and was in the cup holder in the back seat splashed a little. It was one of those cups with a little hole in the top for ventilation I guess.

What is the Liquid?: Like an idiot, I forgot to ask. I was too busy doing "passenger relations" so she wouldn't 1-star me that I forgot. She was from India, she said... and it's a yellow color. It has a curry smell to it.

So, how to get this out ?

This is what I've tried so far:

1. Panicked
  2. Used napkin to blot the liquid (but it wasn't really wet)
  3. Used warm water on a microfiber cloth to blot it; yellow remained
  4. Used Dawn dish detergent on the microfiber cloth with water (seemed to get lighter, but maybe it's just because the spot was wet and it all blended together.
Again, HELP!!! - PLEASE

IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG

Suli_B

That's probably gonna be a pain in the ass to get rid of. I also have a white car with a light colored interior, but thankfully leather is a lot easy to clean.

Back to the stain. From the color of the stain it looks like a turmeric based stain. Try to look up on google about removing turmeric from fabric.

Mr. Affinito

That's probably gonna be a pain in the ass to get rid of. I also have a white car with a light colored interior, but thankfully leather is a lot easy to clean.

Back to the stain. From the color of the stain it looks like a turmeric based stain. Try to look up on google about removing turmeric from fabric.
I just checked online and it said something about it being one of the most difficult stains to remove! Then I learned that peroxide works well, so I just happened to have some unopened peroxide. The stains are barely visible now. I guess my car just depreciated another $1,000 LOL

Mr. Affinito

I really should have bought those black seat covers...but would'a, should'a, could'a won't help me now. I just did the peroxide stuff and the other blotting so let's see how it looks after it's all said and done. I'll update you guys....

Mr. Affinito

How sad. A passenger spills liquid and soils your car and you are afraid of getting 1 star. Face it you are behold to Uber.
Technically, if I do the cleaning fee foolishness, if she hasn't yet rated me then she will rate me quite poorly and I don't want that. Not everybody wants poor ratings like you, Uberman.

Mr. Affinito

Only tears from a true virgin could clear that stain right out
Well, the CVS brand of peroxide must have worked. I just went out there and looked (using my iPhone flashlight and the stains were gone. So, I think we're good.

Bluefox30 and Suli_B Thank you so much for mentioning the word TUMERIC. I didn't even know what that was before you mentioned it; therefore I never would have searched for "tumeric stain removal from upholstery".

sd1303

Bumps in the road are part of riding in a car. Passenger should have taken better care not to mess up your car (like put the soup in a bag?). You were eligible for a cleaning fee, and should not feel bad for claiming it for the extra work involved.

Jim1985

Technically, if I do the cleaning fee foolishness, if she hasn't yet rated me then she will rate me quite poorly and I don't want that. Not everybody wants poor ratings like you, Uberman.
Stars dont get rid of stains. Nothing wrong with getting your cleaning fee to have someone clean it thoroughly. Roughly 25 bucks. Remember this is all business, cant get personal with pax. Also what do ratings do for you? Serious question.

Mr. Affinito

The stains are now gone (I'll confirm tomorrow in the natural light... sometimes the flashlight can be misleading.). Seems like there was a slight hint of curry/tumeric smell in there.... so I might need some deep cleaning/shampoo. If we're just talking about $25, then it's all good.

Stars dont get rid of stains. Nothing wrong with getting your cleaning fee to have someone clean it thoroughly. Roughly 25 bucks. Remember this is all business, cant get personal with pax. Also what do ratings do for you? Serious question.
Stars/Ratings just make me feel accomplished. Makes me feel like I'm doing a good job. I sometimes feel like people with better ratings get better jobs/trips. Maybe I'm wrong but I have pretty good experiences when I drive. I credit my ratings.

Evlesoa

That's easy to get rid of. I personally like this one, or something that does interior cleaning (I use TurtleWax Interior and another one for Carpets, which does pretty well, although not the best I've ever used): https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifter-1-Carpet-Stain-Remover/20889328

I've used it, and it has never failed to get rid of any stains I had in my car. I strongly recommend it. Give it a shot. And get a gentle brush--it lifts EVERYTHING. No joke.

tohunt4me

First, YES, UP-GUYS YOU WERE RIGHT. I SHOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A WHITE CAR WITH LIGHT COLORED INTERIOR FOR RIDESHARE SERVICE. NOW THAT THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY, HELP!!!

We went over a bump in the road (hence me not asking for a cleaning fee) and the liquid in the cup (which had a lid and was in the cup holder in the back seat splashed a little. It was one of those cups with a little hole in the top for ventilation I guess.

What is the Liquid?: Like an idiot, I forgot to ask. I was too busy doing "passenger relations" so she wouldn't 1-star me that I forgot. She was from India, she said... and it's a yellow color. It has a curry smell to it.

1. Panicked
  4. Used Dawn dish detergent on the microfiber cloth with water (seemed to get lighter, but maybe it's just because the spot was wet and it all blended together.
Again, HELP!!! - PLEASE

View attachment 156599 View attachment 156600 View attachment 156601 View attachment 156602 View attachment 156603 View attachment 156604
Just leave interrior lights off and drive nights.

Uberinian

1. Panicked
Again, HELP!!! - PLEASE

View attachment 156599 View attachment 156600 View attachment 156601 View attachment 156602 View attachment 156603 View attachment 156604
1. You shouldn't charge a cleaning fee if it was your fault you went over the bump super fast, technically it's your fault

2. Why the fk didn't you put in car seat covers for a fabric light colored interior? I also have a beige interior that is fabric, and I have car seat cover from day 1. Saved my ass numerous times.

Last edited:
Inshur New York