1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Help can anyone remember exact dates

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Uber315, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:41 PM.

?

Out of your last 100 rides how many have tipped

This poll will close on Aug 21, 2018 at 8:41 PM.
  1. 0-10

2. 11-20

3. 21-30

4. 31-40

5. 41-50

6. 51-75 Liar

7. 76-100 Bullshiter

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Uber315

Uber315 Well-Known Member

Hey Uber Family I need to try and find out a few dates if anyone know for sure and can post the answers and can let me know where they found it , I would really appreciate it.

1. Does anyone know when uber rolled out the New Rider app? Trying to get exact dates
    2.Does anyone know when achievement badges were introduced ?
    3.Does anyone remember when Tipping option was added to the app?

Now a really important question ,

What do you think was the real reason Uber did not want to add the tipping option for so long .

Thanks in advance for your help.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    3.) IIRC the tipping option was added to the app just over a year ago.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  3. Uber315

Yep I’m trying to get these things down to exact date

4. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Because people are cheap and they know it, and they wanted to be known as the lowest prices service. They also wanted their pax to not feel the pressure to tip.

5. reg barclay

Driving:
    UberX
    I got an email on July 6th last year, about tipping being introduced, so I'm guessing that was the date.

6. Uber315

Ok cool it’s diferrent I guess in different cities . I do know my 1st tip was Late July 2017 . So number 3 is answered . There is a reason I’m asking these questions .wink

Sorry but You drank the cool aid like all of us. People are not cheap this is a tipping country and people enjoy tipping .Its not till you are outside looking In That it all becomes clear.
    Think Think Think ! Why would they not want drivers earning any tips the first few years? It’s so obvious once it clicks . I just want it to come from another driver.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 10:06 PM
  7. henrygates

henrygates Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    10-20% of pax and around $15% of total income seems to be about right.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  8. Uber315

Thanks but that’s what the poll was for

9. Christinebitg

Christinebitg Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It depends. When I got the email was not the date I could actually tip in the app.

Christine

10. HotUberMess

HotUberMess Well-Known Member

I make 100% tips. Is that good?

11. reg barclay

Driving:
    UberX
    No, I'm such a good driver I get more than 100% tips, even people who aren't my pax tip me as I drive by.

SuzeCB and HotUberMess like this.
  12. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing! Well-Known Member

Completely false and totally ignorant! Another cryptic thread where you tease facts but deliver horse poop! You are obviously attention starved and the way you seek relevance is annoying.

13. VictorD

VictorD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is about as relevant as knowing when Dara took his first dump in his private head.

There are no exact dates for any of this because every change has been rolled out market to market in phases. Some changes are completed within a few days while others span the course of several months, or are never implemented in all markets.

Remember, this is a global company. Many aspects of its operations are applicable only in specific markets.

OrlUberOffDriver and HotUberMess like this.
  14. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Because they wanted to obtain the masses that depended on public transportation. When Uber first started in '09 their rates warranted no tip. At $5/mile the tip really was included. It wasn't until the brilliant Uber X platform came to light in Jan 2014 that Uber declared tips were included. Uber was on the hunt to get every person in America to use Uber X. Travis' statement of "Uber X is cheaper than owning a car" needed to be proved.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  15. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Not to get too far off topic, but if your assertion is correct then why is McDonald's the largest restaurant chain in the USA and the world? Why is Walmart the biggest retailer in the world? People are cheap and looking to save money. Sure, there are exceptions, but Uber's goal is to be the world leader in transportation. They won't accomplish that by emulating Nordstroms. In order to succeed they need masses of asses, and that won't happen unless they are the low cost leader.

16. Friendly Jack

Friendly Jack Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Tipping was introduced July, 2017 but specific date varied by market.

Uber315 likes this.
  17. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Well-Known Member

I’ve worked in the hotel industry for 25 years and have worked in and amongst positions that were considered “tipped positions” (bell hops, valets, servers, etc.). I would say most people do not enjoy tipping but merely tolerate it. Yes there are those who do enjoy giving a good tip and having a rapport with the tipped staff, but they’re usually few and far between. I have also seen more people go through great lengths just to avoid giving a tip, like loading themselves down with luggage like mules to avoid giving five bucks to a bellhop. Most however just appear to do it because they feel they’re expected to and tip the minimum they feel they can get away with to avoid appearing cheap.

As far as Uber goes, its the same. Uber has in the past let riders off the hook by saying tipping was not necessary and therefore justifying their reason not to tip. Those who enjoyed tipping were the ones who tipped you anyways and still do while cheap ones still don’t. Maybe a few feel expected to and tip a couple of bucks.

Mista T likes this.
  18. OrlUberOffDriver

OrlUberOffDriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    The only exact date will be FUber demise!!!
    As it is been said all 3 items were introduced at different times for different markets.
    So, any guess on this date THE DIMISE?!

19. guffy515255

guffy515255 Active Member

Id say your poll options are pretty bogus lol. I do get tipped by over 50% of my pax(and no Im not a liar). Routinely. You must remember that not everyone lives in a big dirty major metro area where the vast majority of people are *******s. There are small tourist destination cities where tips are way more common than not. I live and drive in one

HotUberMess likes this.
  20. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

95%

95%
    Of my last 1000 RIDES TIPPED.

DELIVERING PIZZA !

How ELSE would i make $28.00 an hour at a $7.25 an hour job !?!?

Uber315 likes this.