HELP A RIDER PLEASE

christina g

Hi Guys, i didn't see a thread for riders so i hope its okay to post here.
I don't drive through uber , but I'm currently traveling in Mexico in a city where UBER is the best way to get around ,however every time i request a ride...I get a "error in processing your request".
I've sent two messages , with no response.
Its NOT related to my payment, I've tried re-downloading the app, connecting to wi-fi, logging into other accounts. My rating is 4.67. It seems as though theres an error with my account, like its blocked or something.
What can i do to fix this?
I really need to get around and uber is the only option.
Their 800-uber phone number is worthless.
SO so frustrating...any advice?

Mole

I don't drive through uber , but I'm currently traveling in Mexico in a city where UBER is the best way to get around ,however every time i request a ride...I get a "error in processing your request".
Its NOT related to my payment, I've tried re-downloading the app, connecting to wi-fi, logging into other accounts. My rating is 4.67. It seems as though theres an error with my account, like its blocked or something.
Hopefully it is just a glitch that will clear up soon. Sadly contacting customer support is impossible. Send them a email also. I'm not sure but maybe they have a greenlight service center that can help you. http://ucustomersupport.com/uber-greenlight-locations-near-me/#MexicoCity

Old Smokey

Delete application, power down completely, power up outside so the satellite can pick you up. Download application your profile should come back up without to many changes.

Bpr2

Maybe Mexico City is testing grounds for lower rated pax to be blocked. 4.67 is low.

JimKE

It sounds like no driver accepted your request.

Non-acceptances can happen because of the time of day, distance to you, Pool request, undesirable pickup location, your rider rating...any number of reasons. Uber is obviously receiving your request and trying to get you picked up, and it seems like your app is working normally.

Bpr2 was not being unkind above, 4.67 is a low rating that could cause drivers not to accept your ride request.

DocT

christina g is getting an "error in processing request." Does this equate to no drivers available (accepting), or really a software glitch?

What DOES happen if there are no drivers available to accept? What notification does the rider app provide in this case?

Tr4vis Ka1anick

Try Lyft? How old is your cell phone? Do you need and OS update, or have you updated recently? Check your settings on the phone to see if you are restricting the app.

Good luck.

FormerDriverAtl

Maybe Über México doesn't speak English.

Jermin8r89

Heres a thought sounds like going from point A to point B is sounding way to complacateing then it should be but why dont you "get your own car or call another cab". (Slaps forehead with jaw drop oh my god thats easy) people have been doing this for decades and centries.

PrestonT

Late response, of course, but I would never take a rideshare in Mexico. Cab drivers may not just get angry and flip your driver off down there....

Gooberlifturwallet

Welcome to uberworld!